K Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Manager

giorgio

I have a couple of question I hope you can help with :)

1. Is this an useful software, I mean, does it improve the performance of my laptop or does it help somehow to run better?
  2. I can't run the speed test I have always the same error message, but I have javascrpt and Flash, I've checked it 5 times. Some ideas?
    Welcome to Speedtest.net! If you are seeing this error message it could be due to one or more of the problems listed below, together with potential solutions.

■Be sure to enable JavaScript. Here's how: http://enable-javascript.com/.
    ■Have Flash v.10+? If you do, try uninstalling Flash. Either way, get the latest Flash client here.
    ■Still no luck? Sorry. You can either visit our Support section to troubleshoot further or try our non-JavaScript site. Unfortunately you still need Flash v10+ and there is no guarantee everything will work correctly!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I don't understand the connection between your questions about the Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Manager and your inability to use speedtest.net? You might want to check that Java is enabled for your browsers, you can do this via the Java icon on Control Panel, click the Security tab on the Java dialog box that opens. That said, I have Java disabled in my browsers and speedtest.net works for me. I took a look at the FAQs on the Speedtest site for you and this one stood out:

On the Speedtest.net front page, you should see a map of your area of the world with a Begin Test button. Our site uses Adobe Flash to display the map and test your speed, so if you don't see this map, first make sure that any Flash-blockers are turned off.If it's displaying a message to install Adobe Flash...

Speedtest.net requires a modern browser with at least Adobe Flash 10 installed. If you can't see the test area, you may need to install or update to the latest version of Flash, which you can download in one click from Adobe's site for free.
If you're using Internet Explorer and are still seeing this message after updating your Flash, you'll also want to make sure ActiveX is working. ActiveX is the system used by Adobe Flash to run in your browser. To do this:

1. Go into your Tools menu (using the gears icon in Internet Explorer 9 and 10)
  2. Select Internet Options.
  3. This will show a window with the settings spread across several different tabs. We'll want to click on the Security tab.
  4. Click on the Internet icon on the far left (looks like the world), and then click the Custom Level... button below to change the permissions.
  5. Scroll down to the Active X Controls and Plugins group of options.
  6. For Allow ActiveX Filtering, make sure that Disabled is selected.

Have you checked that? You might also try using speedtest.net from a different browser? Hope this helps some...

Eddyb

It's not from a browser. The programme starts up every time you turn the laptop on.

I installed flash through windows Internet explorer and I can now speed test.