Keyboard damage

Andy684

earlier today i knocked over the end of my cup of coffee and *some* went on to my new keyboard. And when I say some, I mean there was not much at all, but enough for me to be like FFS.

initially the lights started flashing. then it went dead. I unpluged it, turned it upside down, and it was drying out for around 8 hours.

I've hooked it back up, and all the keys appear to be working fine with tthe exception of the windowns button and control (bottom left, where the drop of coffee has obviously affected).

ctrl now has some wierd binding where it swaps tabs and alos messes with my speaker svolume.
the windows button now meakes this: T{} AND ALSO TURNS CAPS LOCK ON, and acts as 'ctrl f', all at once.

wierdly, the number '5' types '56=' now.
and = types '=-' now

my question is, is there a way to fix this? this keyboard is the Rush G1 Pro Gaming Keyboard and was around £75 so im hoping its not ruined, i only got it 2 weeks ago :(

thanks everyone

P.S im not sure why keys at the top are being affected by a spill on keys at the very bottom?

steaky360

If the spill caused shorts on the circuit board within the keyboard it could have some weird affects on how it works. Unfortunately water damage isn't typically covered under warranties/etc. for products but you could get in touch with the manufacturer to see what their take is (or the seller, PCS if you bought it here for example might be able to help out).

As for fixing/repair I wouldn't really know where to start, I'd try some kind of keyboard tester (google can help here) to see if any other keys are affected and take it from there.

It might be worth pulling the key caps off the keyboard to see if anything 'appears' to be wrong in which case you might be able to further diagnose the issue.