Keyboard not found error on 'preboot'

BT81

Enthusiast
Hi

Just bought myself a bluetooth keyboard, to replace a wireless one via USB.

Now on startup, I get a 'keyboard not found error' - before the normal bootup screen. I assume its because the Bluetooth connection is slower to start up than the rest of the machine?

Any ideas on how I turn off the error?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
There will be a BIOS setting that says something like keyboard error or keyboard boot or something along those lines that you can disable. You'll need to use a wired keyboard to change it of course.

BT81

Enthusiast
There will be a BIOS setting that says something like keyboard error or keyboard boot or something along those lines that you can disable. You'll need to use a wired keyboard to change it of course.
Yeah, I did the old 'f2' to get to the Bios. Then struggled to find anything saying keyboard?
It's a x570 asus motherboard if that makes a difference

Have to say, regardless. Not having to plug / unplug wireless usb adaptors from my PC to my work laptop. Instead using a keyboard that switches between the two on bluetooth. A delight!

BT81

Enthusiast
I had a USB unifying receiver in my work laptop and Bluetooth connection on my Desktop (I then swap between them when using my mouse and keyboard)

I 'thought' Bluetooth didn't work on my work laptop. Turns out it does. So simply put the USB receiver in the Desktop and connected the keyboard via Bluetooth to my work laptop...