Keyboard Problem

Ash

After taking advantage of the Steam summer sale, I have started playing games more on my PC.
However, I have a problem with my keyboard.

Say I am pressing W to walk forward. I then tap A to take a step left whilst still walking forward. I want to carry on walking forward, but I stop. I have to release and then repress W to continue walking forward.

I've had a look in Keyboard settings in Control Panel but there isn't anything that solves the problem.

Thank you. :)

baron75mk2

Banned
i sometimes have an issue with my logitech keyboard when i press w to walk & then if i take my finger off it will keep walking , turns out to be a driver bug so i just dont hardly load up the driver ( have it knocked off in registry) , but i mostly play on pads anyway now.

Last edited:

Ash

I have a Logtech keyboard too. It's almost 10 years old so many the drivers aren't working properly with Windows 7.

Ash

Okay I just uninstalled the driver and the keyboard stopped working. :p

I unplugged and plugged the keyboard back in and it works again. Now in games when I press a directional button (A,W,S,D) there is a short delay before I start moving.
My keyboard is a Logitech Y-RQ57.

I've been looking at getting a proper gaming keyboard and mouse but I can't afford to spend too much money on one right now.

baron75mk2

Banned
Okay I just uninstalled the driver and the keyboard stopped working. :p

I unplugged and plugged the keyboard back in and it works again. Now in games when I press a directional button (A,W,S,D) there is a short delay before I start moving.
My keyboard is a Logitech Y-RQ57.

I've been looking at getting a proper gaming keyboard and mouse but I can't afford to spend too much money on one right now.

what game are we talking about here or is it all games ? , i sometimes have a small delay but its better than walking on its own i suppose. :yes:

Also is it a wireless keyboard ? if so make sure the batteries are fully charged & also try moving the receiver closer , i have another logitech keyboard for my xbox & if i have the receiver too close to my tv then i get huge delays & sometimes missed keystrokes altogether.

Last edited:

Ash

So far I've only tried Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 and it happens on both. I don't think it's the batteries as it only happens in games and not when typing etc.

baron75mk2

Banned
So far I've only tried Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 and it happens on both. I don't think it's the batteries as it only happens in games and not when typing etc.

When mine plays up ity does it on typing as well like this "lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppp" , so if its not doing it typing then the issue could be elsewhere than the keyboard , maybe those two games have keyboard lag ? , couldnt say as i play portal 2 on a pad.

Ash

Well I'm going to go get a new keyboard today. Hopefully it solves the problem. :p

LFFPicard

Godlike
What keyboard is it?
You say it is about 10years old, older keyboards cant handle multiple keys being pressed, a lot of modern keyboards, especially gaming ones tell you how many keys can be pressed at the same time.
If I remember my one (Steel series Shift) advertised up to 7 simultaneous key presses.

Steel Series Website said:
ANTI-GHOSTING
Anti-ghosting capability allows for 7 simultaneous keystrokes.

You might need to either invest in a new keyboard or track down some info on your one and see what the specs are.

Reactions: Ash

Ash

What keyboard is it?
You say it is about 10years old, older keyboards cant handle multiple keys being pressed, a lot of modern keyboards, especially gaming ones tell you how many keys can be pressed at the same time.
If I remember my one (Steel series Shift) advertised up to 7 simultaneous key presses.

You might need to either invest in a new keyboard or track down some info on your one and see what the specs are.

It was a Logitech Y-RQ57.

Just bought the Microsoft Curve Keyboard.

b04c4a7d.jpg

Games work perfectly fine now. Thanks for the help/advice though. :)