Keyboard stops working during win7 startup

carljt24

It works fine before booting into windows the lights are all illuminated and i can access the bios with the keyboard no problem but when windows starts the keyboard powers down and is completely unresponsive. I've tried different usb ports but get the exact same problem and all other usb devices work just fine.

edit: reinstalled usb drivers from mb cd is now working normally.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
have you got a disc for the keyboard? try that. it looks like the drivers aren't working properly and it may require a program (which will be on the disc) to work

what is your keyboard model, and is your mouse ok?

carljt24

I am using a Roccat isku and i have reinstalled the drivers but i still have the same problem and my mouse is working just fine. Its been working fine since i got my pc last wednesday until i started getting this problem this morning.

carljt24

sorry for the multiple replies but i've found the problem. I tested the keyboard on other usb ports and it is in fact working, looks like I just have a faulty usb port. Happy that i have found the problem and have a functioning keyboard again but sucks that i now have a none working usb port which happens to be one of the two USB 3.0 ports on the mb so now have only one working usb 3.0 port.

Rakk

The Awesome
Are you sure the USB 3 port isnt working or is it just the fact that the keyboard won't work in it.
I may have heard something about not plugging keyboards (and possibly mice) into the USB 3 slots before I think.

carljt24

other devices will not work in this port while in windows but when i use a usb keyboard in this port it will work fine in the bios but when i boot into windows its stops functioning.

edit: reinstalled the drivers from the mb cd and is now working properly.

Last edited: