Laptop advice

ppadaruth

Hi, almost ready to order, but would appreciate some advice:

I am going for an enigma II 520 as I want a matt screen. Know its not full HD, but not sure if i really need that.

1. Problem is i like the isolated keys and the enigma seems to have the older style of keyboard. I would have gone for the optimus but just dont need the extra spec (and cost) that this comes with. Can i get a chassis with isolated keys for the enigma?

2. Given the (limited) graphics card in the enigma (which is fine as it wont really be for gaming), is there any point in going for the i7 quad core? I'm sure the i5 would do, but for the sake of less than £50, if there was any potential benefit to be had, I'd just go for it.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks

Paul

Dealmaster13

Gold Level Poster
The processor depends on your usage.

For example, if you work with high-end Adobe software, you will indeed benefit from the 2630QM or other quad core.

Do also note that PCS is relatively very generous with their CPU upgrade costs compared to other retailers and companies.

ppadaruth

Thanks Dealmaster13 - If i didn't work with high end software, would my battery life be reduced just because there was quad core instead of dual core?

Dealmaster13

Gold Level Poster
Yes it would. I don't think the difference would be huge, however do note that the PCS laptops don't exactly have the best battery lives!

If you don't work with high end software, a 2310M or 2410M is fine.