laptop and docking

chrissib

Bronze Level Poster
Hi, I have a Lenovo G70 laptop, (has no usb-C connection).

The laptop is brilliant, but I want to extend it's use, to use with a docking station, to drive 2 screens and keyboard and mouse.
I also work from home regularly with a work Dell laptop, which has a usb-C port.

What I would like to do, is run a docking station with both laptops, and others which may come along later. So the screens and keyboard/mouse, use the same docking station.
The docking station at work has a Dell type round power connection, and type C output cable, an all I do is plug the C type into my work laptop and away I go.
The problem is, at home, my Lenovo laptop has no type C, and a rectangular power connection.

My thoughts were, buy a Lenovo docking station with the square power input, with the type C output, for my work laptop, and use a type C usb adapter to convert the output cable back to normal USB for my Lenovo laptop..

Do you think this would work, or can anyone suggest a better option.

Basically what I want is either laptop to use 2 screens and external keyboard and mouse.
Any help greatly appreciated
Regards
Chris

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
As this is a PCS owned forum we can't comment on competitors hardware, you may do better on an open forum like toms hardware