Laptop and Monitor

dearon

Hello,

I'm looking at getting a monitor for my laptop and I've been told that theres a chance gaming from the external monitor would slow effect the performance.

My laptop specs are:

Vyper Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 45% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 - 6.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
8gb RAM
1TB Samsung SSD

The monitor I'm looking at is GIGABYTE G32QC-EK 32" 2560X1440 VA 165HZ 1MS FREESYNC/G-SYNC COMPATIBLE LED BACKLIT CURVED GAMING MO

I know I should have got a desktop but at the time I didn't have space for one :(

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

steaky360

I don't know how gaming from a monitor would affect the performance of the laptop... it'll still perform the same way essentially but your monitor has a higher resolution than your laptop screen so ultimately, it's more difficult to drive than the laptop screen is.

So you might not be able to play games at the same settings on your monitor vs your laptop screen if that makes sense and that is because the monitor has a higher resolution essentially.

dearon

Thank you, does that mean I'll need to change the display properties and change the monitor display down from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080?

steaky360

Thank you, does that mean I'll need to change the display properties and change the monitor display down from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080?
Not necessarily, I'd lower the settings in the games personally but it will depend on what games and what settings you're already using etc. Just play around with it and you'll find the settings you prefer :)