Laptop Crashing? (Not Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imogen

Hello! So I finally got my laptop on Friday after a week, and I've made sure I've downloaded all my personally needed programs. I got GTA 5 installed today and launched it up, and it runs sooo smoothly, no issues and I have the Ray Tracing working fine with it too.

All of a sudden, it crashes and my laptop goes blue screen! This happened once yesterday too when I was playing Minecraft vanilla, no shaders and no mods or texture packs. Plain old vanilla.

My laptop is a Geforce RTX 2060, i7, Optimus X laptop model, 23gb. It came with 16gb but I installed more ram into it so it had more space. This crashing has only happened whilst I've been on games and not on anything else. I also installed my own hard/storage drive as I didn't have the money to buy one from PCS themselves. I've made sure my temperature of my GPU and CPU are cool enough which they are. I had a disk come with my laptop saying drivers + user manual but for one I don't have a disk drive!! I updated/installed the drivers through geforce experience and just re-installed them and am a bit scared to retry GTA 5.

Thank you!

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    635.9 KB · Views: 152

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Did you order with windows or install your own copy?

Have you made sure windows and everything is up to date in windows update?

What's the BSOD code?

Imogen

Did you order with windows or install your own copy?
I don't have any windows version installed as I need to get around to buying it, I am using the unlicensed version. I wouldn't see why that is an issue though, my boyfriend also doesn't have windows licensed and he runs all sorts of games with no issue. Only he didn't buy his laptop from PCS.

Imogen

Oh, windows isn't up to date and the BSOD code is in the created issue. I'll try that! Thanks so much! It updated yesterday which is bizarre... well at least it was going through the update screens and what not! Maybe it didn't complete!

Imogen

Ok so I clicked it and it said up to date, but there's this feature update I'm downloading.

Imogen

Did a memory checker through Windows Memory Diagnostic, no issues were detected so that's all fine.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I don't have any windows version installed as I need to get around to buying it, I am using the unlicensed version. I wouldn't see why that is an issue though, my boyfriend also doesn't have windows licensed and he runs all sorts of games with no issue. Only he didn't buy his laptop from PCS.
It is illegal to use an unlicensed version of Windows. You must buy a licensed copy - so must your boyfriend. I'm afraid we cannot offer any assistance in using an illegal copy of Windows. I'm locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.