Laptop delayed AGAIN....

Timeblue

Just been informed that my laptop build is delayed yet again,what was originally 10 days is now 2 weeks. When I asked why the delay,was told its because of a large order that had come in, so has my order been put at the back of the queue because of this? It must have because the email updates over the last 6 days have said the completion date is being put back 2 days on each one, it's not as though I'm ordering a top of the range fully stacked laptop,with mine there is no OS,no security and only one HD to install.....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have you spoken to PCS to see what the delay is?

When you say it was originally 10 days and now 2 weeks, 2 weeks is 10 working days?

Timeblue

Last Saturday,I got a message saying expected build date would be Feb 26 but every two days since then I have received messages saying that the build date has been put back,now it's up to March 2nd. I spoke to someone on chat and he said the delay is due to a large order coming in which leads me to believe that my order has been put at the back of the queue whilst this 'large order' is completed otherwise why give me a specific date initially? I actually booked a day off work (Wed March 3rd) thinking that two weeks would be sufficient,just so I could go and pick it up personally.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's entirely possible that the "large order" that has come in is paying for the fast track, that would bump them to the front of the queue. AFAIK there are only two reasons why your build would be delayed; one is a large number of orders, the other is a delay in obtaining components. It's an enormously frustrating time waiting for your laptop to be built, we've all been there. Sadly, it takes as long as it takes and I'm absolutely certain that PCS will be working as quickly as they can for you.

Timeblue

So if another 'large order' came in this week or even next week,my order would be pushed to the back again? This is not on....

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
I believe that fast track is done by a separate team so shouldn't effect your order. The original estimated date would've been based on past orders etc, so if in the days before the time you ordered a large amount of orders were placed then this would mean it takes longer than was estimated. The other reason it could be delayed is due to parts not being available.

All this is speculation but i'm pretty sure the fast track thing is done by a different team so had nothing to do with it. As said the best way is to contact PCS directly

Timeblue

This is getting a bit silly now,the latest date given for me is today (March 1st) but I cannot contact anyone to verify this.The phone line isn't answering and there is no-one on chat to talk to.Not very professional...

Update...finally got through only to be told that they haven't yet started on it and that it could be next week before I have it:mad:

Last edited: