Laptop for showing images

hollies

I am looking a for a laptop for a small photographic club so that we can show images through a projector giving the best possible display. This is for competitions and lectures etc so the output on the big screen needs to be as good as possible.

The resolution of the projector is 1024x768.

This is the main use but Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 5 will be loaded and will be used for demonstrations etc so a failry good laptop screen would be needed too.

Images, no matter what the size, will not be kept on the machine other than those in use over a short period so we do not need more than 500gb HDD

Just wondering if anyone on here has any knowledge or experience of the sort of spec I would need for such a laptop considering it's use.

HDMI is a must but probably standard these days.

I was thinking i5 as a minimum but have no idea what video card would be needed. Would built in be suitable or would dedicated graphics be required for the display etc.

Having bought a desktop from PCS, I am very impressed with the quality and performance and would like to buy the laptop through them too.

Unfortunately, my budget is only around £500 (I did say it was a small club!)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Yamikotai

Expert
If just displaying images to a projector is your use case, then literally the bare minimum spec would do you.
If you want to actually be using Photoshop+Lightroom on the machine, then an i5 CPU, 8GB RAM, and a decent display on it for editing are all you need. You don't need a dedicated GPU.
HDMI is indeed standard on all laptops these days.
£500 is plenty budget-wise.