Laptop for WvWvW in Guild Wars 2

oellph

Hi all,

I currently have a Dell L501x with 420m Nvidia card, i5 dual core. I play Guild Wars 2 at 1366x768 res and low settings. PVE and sPVP are fine but in WvW I drop to < 10fps making large battles pretty horrendous.

I'm contemplating a new laptop and the Vortex III looks interesting:

i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz 6Mb
8Gb Samsung 1333mhz DDR3
Nvidia GTX 675m

I have a 128Gb SSD I'd swap into the laptop already.

Does anyone have any experience with this or similar in GW2 and Wvw?

Keithg

Enthusiast
I do not have Guild Wars 2 and am awaiting my own new laptop; but I did come across this article on Tom's Hardware where they compare different GPU and CPU configs playing Guild War's 2.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/guild-wars-2-performance-benchmark,review-32511.html

A point to remember is that their tests are performed with desktop components and as a result the laptop equivalents will be less.

To summarize any CPU of at least i5 is good enough the game demands the best GPU you can get. Resolutions up to 1980x 1080 does not seem to have any negative impact on performance on high end cards. With your GPU I would expect an average 50-55fps on highest settings @ 1920x1080 the impact of WvWvW I could not guess but should still be playable.

Peach

Everyone (no matter how amazing their PC is) will get some lag in WvWvW, as there's often hundreds of players & effects going on at one time. have you tried turning down some of your graphics options?

I would take a look at gw2guru, as there's a section there for buying/building computers :)