Laptop graphics card delay

Jamesben832

I ordered a laptop 2 weeks ago with a gtx 970m graphics card, I was told by a notification that it was out of stock and should arrive around the 27th of September. Yesterday I was curios so I checked if the notification was still there (by putting the spec in and pressing proceed) and it was expected to arrive around the 12th of October! I was not too fussed about having to wait the two weeks before but having to wait another two is ridiculous! I was going to call PCS tomorrow (as they don't run on Sundays) to enquire about this but I've read that that isn't working either. If anyone knows if this will effect my order please reply, I'm pretty disappointed with PCS for the time being though :(

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
I ordered a laptop 2 weeks ago with a gtx 970m graphics card, I was told by a notification that it was out of stock and should arrive around the 27th of September. Yesterday I was curios so I checked if the notification was still there (by putting the spec in and pressing proceed) and it was expected to arrive around the 12th of October! I was not too fussed about having to wait the two weeks before but having to wait another two is ridiculous! I was going to call PCS tomorrow (as they don't run on Sundays) to enquire about this but I've read that that isn't working either. If anyone knows if this will effect my order please reply, I'm pretty disappointed with PCS for the time being though :(

I think the phone lines are fine now, just a little wait is all. As for the estimated time, there's not much PCS can do, call them to check it's correct, but they can't do anything to speed it up

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Would have been courteous of PCS to send you an email explaining that your order was going to take another 2 weeks and the reason why.

Only speculating here, but that delay could be for new orders. Best for the OP to give PCS a call before we start making random accusations...

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Yeah, that's why I'm a bit confused

it might be the case it is delayed for those that ordered after you but for an official response you should contact PCS directly. No point speculating what they could or should have done until they provide more information. You may also want to consider that the lead times are estimates and it may take longer than the 10 working days you may be expecting.

Stephen M

Author Level
As Keynes said, you need to check directly with PCS but I had a similar situation, the GPU for my Octane was showing delayed on the configurator but when I checked was told that, as George speculated, was the case with new orders but mine was OK and I had the laptop within a week.

Jamesben832

Just ring them buddy. Lots of things roll around in the mind when things dont go to plan.

I am sure they will sort it for you.

Tried calling them, I got put on hold for a bit but I'll try again, thanks for the replies though. I'm also glad that this has happened to someone else aswell (Stephan M)