Laptop is stop/start charging

dmm

Hi, I bought an enigma i7 laptop from you in 2010, it's only now that it's developed a problem.

It started yesterday. When it stops charging the power button starts flashing. It seems like it's no longer drawing enough power as games have started to lag. I'm going to test it later with another power adapter but I don't have one to hand right now.

Is this likely a problem with the power adapter or the laptop itself?

Cheers

Buzz

Master
If you click start and go into control panel. View by small icons.
Then go into power options. What is the plan you are on now? If you change plan does the problem persist?

dmm

Hi, thanks for the fast reply. It was on balanced (has been on that for months), but I've changed it to high performance and will see if it makes a difference.

Buzz

Master
Battery test

Install and run that. See if it shows degradation in the results. When you play games would you have the battery in and the power cable plugged in?

dmm

When I run that program it just tells me my battery's status. I usually play with the cable + battery plugged in. Right now I can't actually boot the laptop with just the cable plugged in.

Buzz

Master
When I run that program it just tells me my battery's status. I usually play with the cable + battery plugged in. Right now I can't actually boot the laptop with just the cable plugged in.

Did you click on Info? Then go to the battery and click the + to dropdown. On right it should give you more information.

dmm

here are the results:

AwUsZ.jpg

thanks again for your help

Buzz

Master
Sorry didnt get back to you sooner. Been busy last few days. Tell me, how old is the computer? I know you say 2010 but is that early 2010 or late. That battery is charged pretty much the whole way. It seems ok from 1st glances. Can you get a replacement cable to test that. How long with no power cable in does the battery last? And also How long does it take to charge the battery.

dmm

This problem seems to have fixed itself after I plugged the adapter into another device and then back into the laptop, it's been charging ever since. Strange.

Thanks for your help.