Laptop issues

Yeldo

I'm just setting up the laptop but the fans are stupidly loud I have nothing open and it's just too much.. what should I do?

I can't barely hear myself when I talk that's how loud it is... Feels like it's going to take off as if it were an airplane...

Yeldo

So I have received this laptop today and I have been doing some seriously downloading stuff (100gs) and out of a sudden I lost connection to the internet if I start to download anything or use the internet? My phone is connected to the internet just fine and if I plug in the ethernet cable it works like normal, just not the wi-fi? Is it because I have over-used it?

I'm with talk talk if that matters

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I have received this laptop today and I have been doing some seriously downloading stuff (100gs) and out of a sudden I lost connection to the internet if I start to download anything or use the internet? My phone is connected to the internet just fine and if I plug in the ethernet cable it works like normal, just not the wi-fi? Is it because I have over-used it?

I'm with talk talk if that matters
As above, if you can post the full specs from the order page?

Yeldo

Sorry guys i thought I had ...

Proteus Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor 10875H (2.3GHz, 5.1GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive500GB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated Micro-SD Memory Card Reader
AC Adaptor1 x Proteus Series 230W AC Adaptor

Yeldo

It would help if you posted the FULL specs (including the wifi card details).... ;)
Sound CardIntel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 3.1 Type C PORT AS STANDARD

Yeldo

Sorry I'm kinda stressing about this as everything was working fine and now I'm starting to notice some stutters every now and then like can't even move mouse at all, happens rarely and I keep getting kick out of the internet on the WiFi :/ I have checked and I have meteridge off, I have restarted the modem device and tried to update drivers and still same issues

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I bought a copy of Windows with it
And everything was working ok at first?

Did you run Windows Update until, no more updates were found?

It seems you lost the wireless connection sometime later and now can't get it back? What changed between the first few moments and the loss of connection?

You say you've 'fixed the noisy fans' problem? What did you do to fix that?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
you say it's fine on ethernet, but not on wi-fi, so it sounds as though the AX200 is ok, however it might be worth taking the back off an making sure the antenna connections are both connected properly and haven't come loose

FerrariVie

Super Star
Sorry I'm kinda stressing about this as everything was working fine and now I'm starting to notice some stutters every now and then like can't even move mouse at all, happens rarely and I keep getting kick out of the internet on the WiFi :/ I have checked and I have meteridge off, I have restarted the modem device and tried to update drivers and still same issues
Are you using an external wireless mouse (especially Bluetooth)? Because you might be perceiving stutters, but it could just be a bad connection of the wifi card making your internet and Bluetooth devices to drop/pause for a few seconds.

Yeldo

And everything was working ok at first?

Did you run Windows Update until, no more updates were found?

It seems you lost the wireless connection sometime later and now can't get it back? What changed between the first few moments and the loss of connection?

You say you've 'fixed the noisy fans' problem? What did you do to fix that?
All I had to do was finish the set up (microsoft) and restart, it was the very first time I turn on the laptop it was so so so so loud like the fans were 100% but simply finishing the set up and restart fixed it?

Also I just looked up on the internet and I have done this:

"
Right click your Wireless/WiFi network adapter, then click Properties.
Select the Power Management tab, make sure Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is not checked, and then click OK."

I think this has improved my situation, since the allow the computer to turn off this device to save power mode was ticked.

But I'm still struggling with the internet if I try to download something it goes from 8.7 MB/s and quickly decays reaching eventually 0 again but this time my internet doesnt seem to go away?
Update - Doesnt seem to decay all the time, now its been downloading on a steady 8.7 MB for the past 3 minutes but those decays do occur sometimes...

Last edited:

Yeldo

Are you using an external wireless mouse (especially Bluetooth)? Because you might be perceiving stutters, but it could just be a bad connection of the wifi card making your internet and Bluetooth devices to drop/pause for a few seconds.
I'm using a wired mouse I thought the same it could be something with the bluetooth but it isnt because my mouse or keyboard or even the touch pad do not work when this stutter occurs, but its not often only happened twice since yesterday..

FerrariVie

Super Star
I'm using a wired mouse I thought the same it could be something with the bluetooth but it isnt because my mouse or keyboard or even the touch pad do not work when this stutter occurs, but its not often only happened twice since yesterday..
ok, just asking because I had issues with my Bluetooth mouse initially and did something similar to what you did with your wifi (do not turn off to save power), and that solved my problem. So I was wondering if it could be the same issue, but unfortunately it doesn't look like so.

Yeldo

Also sorry to be a pain guys, my laptop on some games is running really hot around 94 degrees on CPU and 82 on GPU, from what I have researched anything above 90 is really bad for the laptop, is there anything i can do?

FerrariVie

Super Star
Also sorry to be a pain guys, my laptop on some games is running really hot around 94 degrees on CPU and 82 on GPU, from what I have researched anything above 90 is really bad for the laptop, is there anything i can do?
GPU temperatures are not too bad, once you drop the CPU temps they might go down a bit as well, since the heat pipes are shared.

There are only 2 ways to bring CPU temps down: undervolting using throttlestop or Intel XTU (which I don't think offers much improvement on 10th-gen Intel) and repasting both CPU and GPU using a high-performance thermal paste, like TG Kryonaut or Noctua NT-H2.

Yeldo

GPU temperatures are not too bad, once you drop the CPU temps they might go down a bit as well, since the heat pipes are shared.

There are only 2 ways to bring CPU temps down: undervolting using throttlestop or Intel XTU (which I don't think offers much improvement on 10th-gen Intel) and repasting both CPU and GPU using a high-performance thermal paste, like TG Kryonaut or Noctua NT-H2.
I have only received the laptop yesterday so I dont think it needs new thermal paste I will go with the throttlestop that you've suggested thank you!