Laptop keeps changing the date 7 days into the future!

HemZi

Hi guys, I've had my laptop for like a month or 2 now but I still dont know to fix the problem so I just left it, but its ruining my skype giving me certificate errors and other stuff, so if anyone can help me it will be appreciated.

The date keeps resetting to like 7 days in the future, I've tried changing it back, I've tried setting it to manual instead of automatic, and I've also turned on windows Time in the services.msc section.. so if anyone can help me that would be great, thanks!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Usually it's a key press on first booting, F2 and the Del key are favourites. Usually you'll see a text message at the bottom of the initial splash screen telling you which key to press. It's typically called Setup rather than BIOS, so look for text that says F2=Setup (or Del=Setup, or similar) and if you see it press F2 (or whatever) repeatedly as soon as you switch on.

HemZi

Usually it's a key press on first booting, F2 and the Del key are favourites. Usually you'll see a text message at the bottom of the initial splash screen telling you which key to press. It's typically called Setup rather than BIOS, so look for text that says F2=Setup (or Del=Setup, or similar) and if you see it press F2 (or whatever) repeatedly as soon as you switch on.

Thanks it worked :D

HemZi

Happy to help. :)

I think I spoke to soon :/ its still doing it >.< I changed the date in the bios like 5 times already but whenever I leave the laptop off for a while then turn it back on even the bios date is changing :/ including the windows date, Do I need to RMA it? :(

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I think I spoke to soon :/ its still doing it >.< I changed the date in the bios like 5 times already but whenever I leave the laptop off for a while then turn it back on even the bios date is changing :/ including the windows date, Do I need to RMA it? :(

There is one more thing you can try. Remove the CMOS battery (it looks like a flat silver disk about a half an inch in diameter) leave it out for 60 seconds and then replace it. Now set the time and date in the BIOS and see how it goes. If it still plays up I'd call PCS.

Edit: Use a clean handkerchief or a tissue to handle the battery, avoid touching it with your fingers. The grease and acids on your fingers can damage the battery.