Laptop resolution to monitor resolution

Scotch

Gold Level Poster
Hello

I was curious. I want to buy a widescreen 1920x1080 monitor for really cheap. Doesnt matter quality just so its larger to play sc2 on.

Problem i specifically asked for 1920x1080 res on the laptop so it would be easy to transition from laptop to pc on weekends. I see i can get a 1366x *** something resolution for a monitor which is cheaper than the 1920.

I was thinking if i have my laptop on 1920x1080 res will it work the same on the lower res monitor?

Thanks folks

Pagey

Bright Spark
Of course, you should note that you can also change the resolution on the laptop to anything under 1920x1080, the same thing translates to an external monitor. All that will happen is that the maximum resolution for the display device will be the maximum of what the monitor can handle. So essentially the 1366x will only display in 1366x and no more and your laptop will only output in that resolution if you select it.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Scotch

Gold Level Poster
Of course, you should note that you can also change the resolution on the laptop to anything under 1920x1080, the same thing translates to an external monitor. All that will happen is that the maximum resolution for the display device will be the maximum of what the monitor can handle. So essentially the 1366x will only display in 1366x and no more and your laptop will only output in that resolution if you select it.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Ahh thanks this clears everything up thanks pagey