Laptop Screen, Black shows as red and white is more of a cyan colour. Help!!!

selbster

Bronze Level Poster
As the thread is titled my colours on my screen have started going funny. My lappie is vortex 4 15'6 inch and I know that the screen works fine to a monitor. Now I have tried the ribbon that goes into screen but can't seem to get to the 1 attatched to the motherboard. Can anyone clerify if this is where I should be looking, or Have I completely led myself in the wrong direction with this fault find ha!

Thanks Guys!

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Are you saying you have tried to re seat the ribbon that connects the screen to the motherboard, but cant get it to connect properly?

Only other option would be a failed screen.

selbster

Bronze Level Poster
The ribbon that fits into the LCD panel itself i have disconnected and reconneted, but I cant find the other end thats attached to the motherboard itself. I can trace to underneath a panel but not sure how to get to it. I can see a couple of connections that are under the keyboard itself(seperate to the keyboard) but not sure they

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
The screen connects under the keyboard, so you would need to remove and re seat that too.

Fire up some pics if want to, but I think the whole screen might need replaced.

selbster

Bronze Level Poster
Ok thanks, I'll open up the keyboard tonight and take some snaps, its a shame i cant phyically mess with the connection whilst the screen is on. It looks like no one knows where the other connection is a minute either does it?

Hi, did you get anywhere with this?

My Optimus IV screen now does something similar but blacks aren't completely red, there are just bands of them, and the same with the white/cyan.

this problem started at a low level after 6 months and got slowly worse, so I sent the laptop back when the warranty nearly ran out and they replaced the panel, which kind of fixed it for a while and now it's back worse than ever. So it doesn't seem to be a problem with the panels themselves. Hopefully it's a case of wiggling the connector.

please let me know how you got on before I start dismantling this thing?

cheers

selbster

Bronze Level Poster
The inverter? How much would that cost. I've flashed the bios so I have no warranty. What causes the inverter to go?

mrducking

Bright Spark
the inverter is what connects the screen and the motherboard, depending on the model you need it's around 20 euro, if you are out of warranty and have tried everything, it is a cheap bet before replacing the screen, but the black not being black happened to me when i semifried a gpu
if it's not software it can be the inverter, the gpu or the screen

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The inverterconverts the power from dc to AC, if that was on the frizz it would be a flickering effect not colour distortion IMHO.

selbster

Bronze Level Poster
Hmm, its a funny one int it. See I did think it could be the GPU but on an external monitor it never has any visual problems which is why I thought it cant be that. Also the GPU was set to not go above 65 degrees c but i have overclocked and messed about HA! For the moment it seems to be working again but theres no telling when this issue will start up again. (it happened once before and started working again for about 4 months)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, that's likely to be the issue then if it's overclocked. It's beyond its acceptable threshold, you need to throttle it down a bit.

Have you done any thermal checks since overclocking?