Laptop screen quality

astroccd

For the purpose of image processing work, can someone tell me what the laptop screen quality is like and/or advise on the best laptop range for this purpose?

Many thanks

astroccd

Many thanks for the quick reply and information.

This may be a bit of a subjective question, but what is the glare/reflectivity of the screen like?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Many thanks for the quick reply and information.

This may be a bit of a subjective question, but what is the glare/reflectivity of the screen like?

It's difficult to answer this. The official specification is 15.6" Full HD 16:9 LED Backlit Wide screen (1920x1080) Super Clear Glare Type Screen

astroccd

OK - many thanks again. It seems at least that the intent is for a glare reduction screen (and I realise that, short of an independant or other user's review, it is difficult for you to say more than that) and the fact that it is LED based helps image quality as well.

Final question (probably ;-)) which I can't see stated elsewhere (though could have simply missed it): what is the typical battery life of the laptop under "normal" usage?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Again, this is a difficult question to answer, but one that is often asked:

Battery Life:
With normal settings, it goes into hibernation when it is 5% left of the battery. We measured the battery life from 100% to 5% when it hibernated.

Idle (50% brightness, wlan and bluetooth on): 3h 40m

DVDrip on vlc (50% brightness, wlan and bluetooth off, headphones with 50% volume): 2h 40m

1080p, x264, DTS-HD audio on Media Player Classic (same as above): 2h 10m

It is actually possible to watch a full 1080p movie with standard length.