Laptop Screen Replacement Info

Hi all,

I purchased a laptop several months ago however, the screen is now damaged and i need a replacement. What i need to know is:

1. When replacing a laptop screen do you need replace with a specific screen or can any screen work as long as its the correct size?

2. Where is the best place to purchase a laptop screen replacement from? All i need is the screen as i will replace myself. The laptop i purchased has the Genesis IV: 15.6" Glossy Full HD LED 16:9 Widescreen (1920x1080)

Thanks

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi, and welcome to the forums!

I think the only definitive answer you'll get is by calling PCS. They might be able to supply you with a screen and some instructions on replacing it. Their after-sales service is really very good.

steven mcananey

Hi all,

I have a similar query

I purchased a laptop a couple of years ago however, the screen is now damaged (Brightness fault - dims when set above 50%) and i need a replacement. What i need to know is:

1. When replacing a laptop screen do you need replace with a specific screen or can any screen work as long as its the correct size?

2. Where is the best place to purchase a laptop screen replacement from? All i need is the screen as i will replace myself. The laptop i purchased has the PS Viper: 17.3" Glossy Full HD LED 16:9 Widescreen (1920x1080)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It needs to be a screen that matches the chassis model.

2. Where is the best place to purchase a laptop screen replacement from? All i need is the screen as i will replace myself. The laptop i purchased has the PS Viper: 17.3" Glossy Full HD LED 16:9 Widescreen (1920x1080)
From PCS if you have a valid PCS account. If you bought it second hand and haven't had warranty transferred, then you won't be eligible for support and would need to look at secondary markets.