Laptop spec help

davble

I'm not very clued up when it comes to this sort of thing but here is what I have come up with:

Chassis & Display
Optimus II: 15.6" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2630QM (2.00GHz) 6MB Cache
Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 2GB)
Graphics Card
nVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M - 2GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD5000BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities
GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1102 WIRELESS 802.11N - IDEAL FOR ONLINE GAMING
USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Battery
Optimus Series 6 Cell Lithium-ION Battery - 48.85WH
Power Lead & Adaptor
1 x UK Power Lead & 90W Adaptor (GT 540M) / 120W Adaptor (GT 555M)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Im looking to be able to play most games with high settings, will this do the job? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Teaz

Godlike
great specs. should give you decent high gamplay so long as some unnecessary settings are turned off.

are you working on a budget? if not i recommend upping the gpu to something like teh 560m.

you should go for the single 4gb stick module so when you went to upgrade the ram in future to 8gb, you have have a slot ready for it.

davble

great specs. should give you decent high gamplay so long as some unnecessary settings are turned off.

are you working on a budget? if not i recommend upping the gpu to something like teh 560m.

you should go for the single 4gb stick module so when you went to upgrade the ram in future to 8gb, you have have a slot ready for it.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm on a budget of around £800 so the 560 is out of my price range. The games i'm planning on getting are ones such as starcraft, the total war games and maybe some RPGs, will the 555 be able to handle those ok?

Teaz

Godlike
should have no probs handling them, as said some setting are unnecessary so you could turn them off to keep a good high fps. you will still play them in high settings but you know when you get some settings that isnt really going to improve anything apart from making the graphics look extra fancy and stuff, you could turn them off or have it on low. you will still get high graphics visuals so dont worry on that one :)

Teaz

Godlike
davble wont really see any improvements from 1600mhz ram as the 1333mhz is fast already. the £12+ could be spent else where instead like perhaps warranty or wireless etc etc