Laptop touchpad stopped working :(

Skylinefx

Bronze Level Poster
I have an Optimus II 17.3" for around 5 months now and it works just fine.
Stupid me, today, I accidentally spilled a drink on my laptop's touchpad.
I quickly cleaned it off, and the touchpad seemed to be sort of working. I could only move right or left normally, but up and down only moved a bit. Unfortunately, I didn't check wether the keys were working. I turned the laptop off and tried to take it apart. However, as I'm inexperienced with laptop hardware, I couldn't take it apart completely. I put it all back together, turned it on. Touchpad or the keys aren't working at all. Keyboard sort of works, however it skips some letters if I type quicker.
Just likethisas yu can see.
However, I don't know if the keyboard issue is related to this, as I noticed that it skipped some letters before. Maybe I have malware or something, I will investigate that... Even if I hold the backspace button, it doesn't delete smoothly sort of stops for a split second often.
What can I do about the touchpad though?

EDIT: Just read the warranty and it says it doesn't cover accidental damage. Does PCS do paid repairs? If so about how much will it cost for the keyboard and the touchpad?

Last edited:

baines93

Bronze Level Poster
I'd log into your account if I were you, and message support via your customer support message centre, you'll see a link to it on the left hand side.

Or call up :)

Also, how long has it been? I got condensation drops off an ice cold drink on (under?) my Toshiba touchpad a few times, with the machine switched on, battery in, powered boards (much worse when it comes to liquid damage) and a couple of times it has been flakey to use for a bit, but dried out fine I guess.