Laptop which a little bit of help from PCS is going to help me conquer the WORLD ;)

Luxas

Bronze Level Poster
I didn't mean it but I did it. I bought myself a present for finishing uni (probably I will have a resit -_- f***)
What I need is a portable laptop which I can take to work and play D3 & GW2)
When I saw the price under 900 I thought, that's it! That's the deal.

I will not miss the backlit keyboard but 7970M is something I'll be looking up to...

Chassis & Display
Vortex Series: 15.6" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080) - Don't like matte for gaming. And the FHD sound's soooo cool!

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3610QM (2.30GHz) 6MB - Even 7970M won't be able to bottleneck this CPU, so there is no need for a better one.

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB) - I don't think I will ever use 100% of.

Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M - 1.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11 - When you don't have what you like, you ... find a compromise that you will love.

Memory - Hard Disk
250GB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm) - It means I'll be saving for SSD :p

DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW) - Don't particularly need it. I maybe burned one or two DVD's during the last year. - But for now can stay.

Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND - That's exactly the same reason why you use condoms...

Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED - ... Through MSDNA at Uni I can get Win7Pro
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Warranty
3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) - Because I don't trust big corporations and I think everything will tear apart when the warranty period ends. However my old ACER cheated the system.

I decided to buy the laptop because after following the thread of speculations about new XPS (x721) with IVY most of the people where wishing for GTX 650m. Also tracing prices at the Dell Outlet for half a year I got a feeling that after a year (When the deal for Vortex 3 LE dissapear) you won't be able to beat the price of that machine. Or the difference will be so small that waiting for getting a new one will be worthless. (Maybe getting a deal from PCS! will do the job.)

ps. The subject is missing "which" ;-) If you are here to point that one out. Thank you for the time. And I congratulate you the perception.

Last edited:

lady0sheep

Silver Level Poster
These guys can probably give you a few tips on trying to take over the world:

pinky_and_the_brain-show.jpg

Luxas

Bronze Level Poster
These guys can probably give you a few tips on trying to take over the world:

View attachment 1507

+1 ;)

ps. I amended the order. Now it's the same spec with 2 changes:
1. Vortex 3 instead of Vortex 3 LE