laptop worth £1500

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
hello guys ive never own a gaming laptop since so im a bit curious whether a gaming laptop worth 1500 can play most recent games at high settings with acceptable frame rates. My brother is planning to get one. cheers :)

Dioltas

Hi rafflo you can do a search online for clevo models 150hm or 170hm (15 or 17 inch) to see actual benchmarks or even framerate on games out currently. I think for 1500 you should find that you can play almost all games on a very high setting. Obviously laptops struggle to compete with PC's and some games like Crysis 2 or Metro 33 as extremely intensive games you may switch from Ultra high to high to get smoother gameplay but it should still look fantastic.

If you search for these similar models you will get a good idea of what sort of fps you can look forward to for a specific game, also on another note I think you will soon discover this website offers the best value certainly in Europe and if you were to order from USA you would end up with customs charges and again would probably be cheaper here. So don't be afraid to investigate other websites which have comparisons but then come back here to order it ;). I recently ordered the Vortex II after months and months...and months of deliberation and I'm very happy with my choice so far.

Quattrix

You should look at the offerings of MSI, ASUS, Alienware and clevo p150hm / p170hm ie Vortex II 15 and Vortex II 17. They all make gaming laptops and come to the conclusion what is best for you. In the uk it is very hard to find a customisable msi or asus laptop in my opinion.

Not only the specs of the laptop you should look at the build quality and customer service you will receive. That is what pushed me from getting an alienware to getting a Vortex II :).

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
thanks guys...... all your comments are much appreciated,,,,,, :) this forum is such a helpful place

.Akronym

I just built one up for around £1200 (Vortex II 15.6", Core i7 2630M, 8gb RAM, 2gb ATI 6990) and it runs BFBC2 on max at 70-80 fps.

I am actually quite shocked as that's what I used to get with my old desktop rig which was a beast. Very impressed with laptop technology these days.