Laptops - A current reason for slow production...

Shipz92

Just thought i'd update everyone on what i've found out...

I placed an order for a Vortex III on 31st July... currently in "Pre-production" on the 9th working day!

I just contacted customer support, and i was informed that the GTX680 chassis is currently out of stock, and they are expecting a delivery on 16th August. I was informed that older orders will be passed through as a priority once stock is replenished.

So for anyone who's included a GTX680 in their build, this would most probably be the reason why your laptop is taking a little longer to pass through the production process...

He then went on to say that if the GTX680 comes back in to stock on the 16th as planned, i should expect delivery early next week as a rough estimate!

Just thought i'd share this cause im guessing im not the only one waiting!

Also, i'd just like to take a quick moment to say how impressed i was with the customer service at PCS! i chose to use the "Livechat" option and was greeted by a friendly chap called Paul Harrison, he gave me all of the information i asked for and was friendly and polite throughout! 5* for customer service! :D

Shipz92

HonestFlames

Bronze Level Poster
Yep. Aware (from other threads here) that 680m's are carrying a wait of some extra days.

Knew this when I ordered. I'm patient, I already have a laptop and other gadgets to keep me plenty occupied until my new, super-quick laptop arrives.

What I have already got is an upgrade for the laptop. My Corsair Vengeance RAM arrived today. 2x4GB, 9-9-9-24 latencies, 1600MHz. What I am waiting on as well are the two Plextor M3 Pro 256GB SSD's.

All good things come to those who wait.

daz_2000

I placed an order for a Vortex III on 31st July... currently in "Pre-production" on the 9th working day!

I just contacted customer support, and i was informed that the GTX680 chassis is currently out of stock, and they are expecting a delivery on 16th August. I was informed that older orders will be passed through as a priority once stock is replenished.

So for anyone who's included a GTX680 in their build, this would most probably be the reason why your laptop is taking a little longer to pass through the production process...

He then went on to say that if the GTX680 comes back in to stock on the 16th as planned, i should expect delivery early next week as a rough estimate!

Also, i'd just like to take a quick moment to say how impressed i was with the customer service at PCS! i chose to use the "Livechat" option and was greeted by a friendly chap called Paul Harrison, he gave me all of the information i asked for and was friendly and polite throughout! 5* for customer service! :D

Shipz92

I ordered an Optimus Series: 15.6" and this is out of stock also. Im on 8th day pre production, is this the same chassis as Ive been told chassis is out of stock for this.

HonestFlames

Bronze Level Poster
Received an email from PCS at 03:25am today to say "we are processing your order ... has so far been in processing for 5-6 working days ... can take 7-8 working days to enter the building and testing process"

Which was nice.

ucakxch

:( my opimus III in pre-production on 8th working day.....I'll leave UK on 24th permanently, hope I can get it soon. I have a feeling it's going to be best laptop I've ever had, really looking forward to it.

EYEONME

Shipz92
Hi,

What about the vortex III chassis? I'm on 15th working day in pre-production and ordered the 680M and vortex III. I was told yesterday they would be in on the 15/08 then got an email at 16.55 yesterday saying they will be in today? So not sure what I'm waiting on the chassis or 680M???

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
Hi,

What about the vortex III chassis? I'm on 15th working day in pre-production and ordered the 680M and vortex III. I was told yesterday they would be in on the 15/08 then got an email at 16.55 yesterday saying they will be in today? So not sure what I'm waiting on the chassis or 680M???

Yes the Vertex III chassis was being delivered today so that is why there is a long wait.

Regards.

C.

EYEONME

Yes the Vertex III chassis was being delivered today so that is why there is a long wait.

Regards.

C.
I was told on live chat that it would be in yesterday, I just wish they made their mind up and communicate a bit better.

Rakk

The Awesome
I was told on live chat that it would be in yesterday, I just wish they made their mind up and communicate a bit better.

Remember that a lot depends on the supplier and how long things take to get to PCS once dispatched from the supplier, PCS can only make estimates on when stock will arrive (until someone invents something to see into the future :)), and although most of the time I suspect they guessimate pretty accurately, there will always be exceptions that don't turn up when expected :(

Shipz92

Just been on live chat again and i can confirm that the 680M is now in stock! the guy told me that mine should go in to building over the next day or so! So hopefully this should to apply to anyone else who's been waiting! :punk:

Agito

Silver Level Poster
Yeah I'm on 13 days today since the 30th of July. Hold on, did we have bank holidays last week or something? Hoping to get the Laptop before GW2 launch next Saturday. Since I'm getting mine without any software in it, it'd be good get it set up prior to that date. :<

maroja

16th working day :(

Leaving the country on the 1st of September and need laptop for university

Hurry up the chassis or the gpu! I'm so impatient when it comes to new gadgets :tt1: