Late Christmas gift for myself

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
Hi All

I just ordered a kit of 2x 32Gb Kingston HyperX Fury SODIMM 3200 Mhz CL20 for my Valeon . I just want to ask if anyone knows if PCS 32 GB kit is also CL20 or if it is of the slower CL22 variant ? I know that they use Corsair memory , but the specs of these DIMMs are not mentioned anywhere .
I just want to check if my Kingston is inferior or better than PCS supplied memory ( ie did I do a bad or good deal ) :)

barlew

Godlike
Hi All

I just ordered a kit of 2x 32Gb Kingston HyperX Fury SODIMM 3200 Mhz CL20 for my Valeon . I just want to ask if anyone knows if PCS 32 GB kit is also CL20 or if it is of the slower CL22 variant ? I know that they use Corsair memory , but the specs of these DIMMs are not mentioned anywhere .
I just want to check if my Kingston is inferior or better than PCS supplied memory ( ie did I do a bad or good deal ) :)
The Corsair kit I got with mine is C22.

FerrariVie

Super Star
I think that CL20 is the best you can get right now for 3200Mhz at 1.2V.

Also make sure you're paying attention to the number of ranks and banks in the RAM, as it also has impact on performance. In general, best is dual rank and 8 banks, then single rank and 8 banks, then dual rank 16 banks and lastly (my case, unfortunately) single rank and 16 banks.