Lead times on laptop

EdKnight

Hi there, I'm a first time customer and I've recently ordered a laptop (order placed on the evening of Sunday 25th). I'm thrilled with the prices, the options available and the feedback you guys have around the net is phenomenal. I'm a little concerned about the estimated lead times though. I decided not to opt for the fast track service based on the times of approx. 5-7 days quoted on the order. I figured that it would likely be closer to 7-10 working days if you guys were busy, and that wouldn't really be a problem. However, the estimate on the lead times now states that currently 18% are being dealt with in 7 working days and only 24% of laptops are being dispatched within 14 days, over twice the estimate, meaning a 76% chance mine will take longer, putting my order some time around the 7th-12th April. Is this correct or am I misunderstanding the stats? The numbers have all dropped severely in the last few days and I'm wondering if it might have been better to fast track the order. If there is an enormous queue and times are going to be much longer than the initial estimate, is it possible to retroactively opt for a fast track service?

I should make clear that I'm very excited about the whole process and pleased with everything so far, I would just like some clarification on the issue with the lead times as it's been a little worrying to see the numbers continuing to fall day by day. It's also a sign that I'm clearly not working hard enough and constantly checking your website. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ed Knight.

El Wayneo

Silver Level Poster
I was in the same boat mate and made a similar thread, the lead times were on 9 days when i ordered and they fluctuated loads, got mine today after 11 working days and the lead time was nearly on 14 so to me it looks like a worst case scenario.

I guess they are mega busy atm, but the service i've received has been excellent and the laptop was worth the wait, i got the Optimus 2.

Doods

Tbh Ed, im currently awaiting on my going through the process of my laptop being built atm ( pre-prodution) 5th day, I also opted out of the fast track and opted to spend more on the laptop itself. Im sure there are trying there hardest to build them within the stated times mentioned in your post, but if lots of people have opted for fast track theres will get build first im affraid or at least thats what id expect, so im takiing it that lots of people are opting for fast track atm and its just a little unfortunate :)