LED strips not working

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So I convinced another friend of mine to buy a PC from PCS, he bought it with 2 ARGB LED strips. Upon arrival, the LED strips weren't working. He already tried to check if they were unplugged, if it was cause of Armoury Crate, iCUE etc but nothing to do. Any suggestions? Otherwise he's gonna RMA them 😂

His specs are:

Case
CORSAIR iCUE 465X RGB
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (3,7 GHz-4,6 GHz/CACHE da 35 MB/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® STRIX B550-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6 Gb/s) – ARGB-ready!
Memory (RAM)
DDR4 Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3600 MHz 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 da 12 GB - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3,5" 1 TB, 6 GB/s, 7200 GIRI/MIN., 64 MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive1o drive SSD M.2
SSD PCIe PCS M.2 512 GB (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750 W RMx SERIES™ MODULARE 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA SILENZIOSO
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series
LED Strips
2 strips ARGB 50 cm

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Check if they show in aura sync which is part of armoury crate and post a photo of where they are connected on motherboard

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Check if they show in aura sync which is part of armoury crate and post a photo of where they are connected on motherboard
Hey Martin, as I said it's not my PC ahaha. My friend told me Armoury Crate detects them but they don't turn on. He sent me a picture of where they are connected:

photo_2021-10-23_23-18-35.jpg

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
ok in Armoury crate, tell him to make sure that there is a tick in the top right hand corner of the ARGB strip box in armoury crate and all components are up to date

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
ok, c;lose Icue, then check what happens in aura sync, can you get him to post a screenshot of what he's seeing there

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This may well be a compatibility conflict between Armory Crate and iCue, they don't play nice together.

From what I've read, there's a dedicated chip on the motherboard that governs RGB and Armory Crate and iCue both fight for control over that chip and lock it out for each other.

I reckon it's just software limitation.

I found this thread on Reddit which is quite interesting:

The other suggestion that may be worth a try is that apparently there are Gen 1 and Gen 2 ARGB strips, and you have to set Armory Crate to the right ones you have.

In Armoury Create

Device -> ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Addressable Headers Tab

Header 1
Has Gen 1 or Gen 2.

Try swapping it to whatever it currently isn't on.

The other thing that may be worth trying is uninstalling Armory Crate and installing the latest version 3 instead, it's possible it's a bug with version 4 which is still relatively new:

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok so he tried everything. He contacted PCS support, which asked him for a couple of pictures, showing where they were connected and a small video to show they weren't working with the PC turned on. In 24 hours PCS shipped 2 new ARGB LED strips, without asking to return the broken ones. PCS support did again a great job :)