LEDs and USB power

biscuity

Hi, ive got a couple of minor things I've noticed, wondering if anyone had any ideas.

First is I have the Internal 52 in 1 card reader on my PC, and theres 2 LEDs on the front that look to be part of the card reader and are permanently on, i was wondering if there is anyway to get these to turn off? Not a massive issue really but would be nice if they turned off when the PC was turned off.

Secondly, I accidently clicked my mouse when my PC was off, and the lights on my mouse came on, ive never seen it do that before on other computers, so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas why the mouse would still have power going through it when the PC was off? again not a massive issue but would be nice to have it sorted.

Many thanks
Biscuity

steaky360

Not sure about the internal card reader but the mouse thing isn't an issue (I mean its not a fault or anything) - basically some motherboards supply power to the USB's even when the PC is powered down, you can switch this feature off but might need to do it in the bios. That's at least as far as I'm aware, I tend to turn my rig off by the mains now rather than just leaving it in standby.

biscuity

Cheers for the advice steaky, at least i know my mouse isnt going to set on fire because of that :p

Anyone know whats going on with the LEDs? if not ill have to just cover them up with something.

Androcles

Rising Star
As far as I know the LED's on the card reader are displaying that there's power to the reader, usually these things are connected to a powered USB off of the motherboard, it may be that if you change the settings in BIOS to turn off the power to the USB ports when it's shut down it may turn them off too.

It should be in your BIOS under the power menu and should be called something like EuP Ready, ErP Ready or Energy Saver 4.0C Support (might be a different revision number, last one I saw was 4.0C) I think.

Last edited:

biscuity

Hi, I've been looking through the bios for a while now, and i cant seem to find the power settings, i dont suppose you would know where abouts in the bios they are do you?

I have a ASUS® H97M-E: Micro-ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

Last edited: