Lego star wars 3 for pc keeps crashing

BAD SANTA

Alright everybody,
I just got Lego star wars 3 the clone wars for pc and it keeps crashing, it's always after 1 or 2 hours and always during a level (not cut scenes).
Has anybody else got this game and been able to fix it or know of any reason as to why this would happen, it freezes during gameplay for a second and then goes to a White screen with the box saying has encounted a problem and the close now button.
When you click the close now it goes straight to desktop, and you can launch the game again without a restart.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Adam

Gorman

Author Level
Hello thar.

Just this game doing it?

Next time it crashes try and get a little more info from the crash, does the error message have a "more info" button?

BAD SANTA

Alright Gorman how's it going, yer just this game sorry should have said that, I'm not at home at the min but will check later to get more info.
Cheers
Adam

BAD SANTA

There is no other extra information at all just the close program box and the White screen, the White screen is a window though as you can see the desktop start button and the surround of the window with the game name at the top.
I have updated the drivers and reinstalled the game and it still happens and as I said before it's just this game.

Gorman

Author Level
Hmm, nothing in the application logs?

Might just be a case of waiting for a patch.

Oh and if you think you got away with it, Lego Star Wars? what the hell man! hand over your geek card.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
There's nothing wrong with Lego [insert super cool nostaligia film here] titles...

...i'm more concerned about owning anything vaguely related to the Clone Wars, because that stuff's just rubbish!

Gorman

Author Level
There's nothing wrong with Lego [insert super cool nostaligia film here] titles...

...i'm more concerned about owning anything vaguely related to the Clone Wars, because that stuff's just rubbish!

You too, geek card

Hand it over.

BAD SANTA

No way man I'm keeping my geek card to myself as it's a limited edition shiny super geek card lol,
But seriously, Lego star wars is absolutely amazing I would highly recommend it and they have really gone all out on there new rendering system the graphics look nice and it's looking to be the best of the series.
I have sorted the problem though, when I updated my drivers and reinstalled the game it obviously kept the original files and settings like the save etc so I had to delete everything and do a fresh game install with the latest AMD driver and now it is working fine. :)
Cheers for having a look at the logs.
I did have a good look on google and there didn't seem to be any recognised problems but thankfully it's all sorted as it's a pain in the arse to get half way through a level and crash to desktop.
Cheers again,
Adam

BAD SANTA

Look guys, STAR WARS = AMAZING, THE CLONE WARS = AMAZING, LEGO = AMAZING,
Don't slate these otherwise I might have to get megaton to kick your arse's (go megaton, go megaton, go megaton) lol.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Look guys, STAR WARS = AMAZING, THE CLONE WARS = AMAZING, LEGO = AMAZING,
Don't slate these otherwise I might have to get megaton to kick your arse's (go megaton, go megaton, go megaton) lol.

Lol at least it wasnt a "my lego car i made has crashed" topic to be fair......Glad you got it sorted; not a fan of clone wars but after sampling the fun of lego indiana jones i er....better go. :eek:nline2long:

Rakk

The Awesome

You too, geek card
Hand it over.

But, but, but, Lego is awesome, ok, Lego used to be awesome before they started having all those funny shaped bits that will only work on one particular thing (ok, that's showing my age isn't it).

And Gorman, you know I'm a geek, and I don't need a card to prove it!!! (though I do happen have a card and dice that prove it though)

Gorman

Author Level
Right, thats another for the pile.

geek_fight_card03-640x363.jpg

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Its the only reason I look forward to various brats coming to visit (cousins, 2nd cousins, random people with children), because the Lego comes out and I can "help the children build stuff". I wouldnt call it Geekdom...perhaps rose tinted nostalgia (screw that, Lego is just fun!)

BAD SANTA

Yep I'm 27 and I bought a £120 Lego star wars ship the other week, I couldn't control myself lol the only problem is I built in about 3 hours and then stuck it up in the loft.

Rakk

The Awesome
The Mindstorms stuff is really cool as well.

(says the person with a Mindstorms At-At walker which does actually walk - well it would if I replaced the batteries :))