LF a good full sized mechanical keyboard, need advice

Conrad-N7

Silver Level Poster
Hey yall, i am looking for some advice as to what keyboard i should get. Looking for a full sized mechanical keyboard with usb cable (perhaps a wireless hybrid) within.... 100-150 quid range. any suggestions?

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think the Keychron K10 would be an obvious choice. Or for a bit more the Razer Pro Type Ultra. It depends a little on what your priorities are. Typing? Gaming? Media production? Stealth? RGB bling?

Conrad-N7

Silver Level Poster
I think the Keychron K10 would be an obvious choice. Or for a bit more the Razer Pro Type Ultra. It depends a little on what your priorities are. Typing? Gaming? Media production? Stealth? RGB bling?
and how would that affect what makes which keyboard better?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
and how would that affect what makes which keyboard better?
Different switches have different actuation points, depending on what you're using it for dictates what kinds of switches you need. That's aside from media keyboards having media controls, gaming keyboards having macro combos etc etc etc

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
And some keyboards work hard and charge a lot to get ultra-low latency performance. If you're typing documents or editing video or playing an RPG, that doesn't matter an ounce. But for FPS games it's probably relevant (even if the difference for an average player is likely to be minimal...)

Conrad-N7

Silver Level Poster
And some keyboards work hard and charge a lot to get ultra-low latency performance. If you're typing documents or editing video or playing an RPG, that doesn't matter an ounce. But for FPS games it's probably relevant (even if the difference for an average player is likely to be minimal...)
ah then i want something that would help me in fps games.
especially something that has very sensitive buttons

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
ah then i want something that would help me in fps games.
especially something that has very sensitive buttons
I would strongly recommend a Steel Series Apex 7, you can configure the switches you want out of brown, blue and red, link to the benefits of each. Red is generally suggested for gaming but they've got major sales on blue and brown switches if you're willing to compromise (I personally use Brown and love them)

Last edited:

RichLan564

Bright Spark
I have a Keychron K8, not full sized but well built, can work wireless, i love it, not sure they do a K10 in ISO UK layout though although they do offer other options.

Conrad-N7

Silver Level Poster
i got a k10. looks nice and buttons work well... i want to disable my laptop keyboard now though, is there a way for that?

Conrad-N7

Silver Level Poster
i have to say tho, i will have to get used to the keyboard. the buttons feel weird to a new mechboard user xD

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i have to say tho, i will have to get used to the keyboard. the buttons feel weird to a new mechboard user xD
They do take a bit of getting used to definitely, it's a big change from the standard butterfly switches. So good once you get into it though, sped up my typing enormously aside from gaming benefits

Last edited:

Conrad-N7

Silver Level Poster
They do take a bit of getting used to definitely, it's a big change from the standard bitterly switches. So good once you get into it though, sped up my typing enormously aside from gaming benefits
yeah, and also i see myself miss my buttons less. i sometimes hit the adjacent ones cuz i used the laptop buttons