Light bleed

The Dood

HI guys, looking for opinions. Bought a PCS Vortex laptop in October last year and it's a cracking machine but I did notice a tiny bit of light bleed on first boot - nothing too dramatic though. However, it seems to have gotten worse over time and it's starting to put me off from using the machiine for anything other than productivity purposes (which is a bit of a shame as it's a 2070/Gsync combo). I believe the warranty is a year or so, so I'm wondering if there are any practical solutions other than sending it for repair?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
HI guys, looking for opinions. Bought a PCS Vortex laptop in October last year and it's a cracking machine but I did notice a tiny bit of light bleed on first boot - nothing too dramatic though. However, it seems to have gotten worse over time and it's starting to put me off from using the machiine for anything other than productivity purposes (which is a bit of a shame as it's a 2070/Gsync combo). I believe the warranty is a year or so, so I'm wondering if there are any practical solutions other than sending it for repair?
The only thing that can sometimes exacerbate light bleed is when the display surround or bezel is too tightly pressed so it's applying pressure to the actual display panel, this can attribute to worse backlight bleed. But displays can be very fiddly to get apart, it may well be easier to just RMA, I'm very hesitant when it comes to displays personally.