Light Gaming Laptop

steaky360

Hello all!

Hopefully someone with more up to date knowledge of specs can give me a point in the right direction, I'm getting a little lost here and ending up going down the track of spending too much cash... which isn't really needed.

I'm looking for a laptop for 'light gaming' use - mostly when away from home. I don't want/need to be playing the most demanding titles on the highest spec's but equally I don't want the laptop to struggle too much playing perhaps more 'casual' games (binding of Isaac, etc.). Particularly I'm playing a lot of Factorio at the moment which some of you may know about (its excellent, I'd highly recommend you try it). I guess Factorio might be the elephant in the room as I believe its more CPU bound than GPU bound (not sure if that really helps...).

I have been perusing the review laptops as often they're good deals in terms of the hardware but can't really pick one...

Usecase is effectively to take around with me if I travel with work and allow me to game on it in the evenings, browse the web, watch youtube etc. probably do University work, watch lectures etc.

So I'm a bit stuck, as mentioned, ideally, I'd like to spend no more than £1000 but can be persuaded to spend more/less depending on the options.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I ramble, sorry about that.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Going by the system requirement as a guideline, those titles should run fine on integrated graphics.

However, neither integrated graphics nor even the MX150 in the Cosmos would run demanding titles from even 3 years ago at native 1080p res on the lowest settings at playable FPS. So if you did want to play something more demanding, now or a few years down the line, you'd be out of luck.

In terms of value for money, the GTX 1050 ti in the Optimus is probably the best option, as compared to the MX150 in the Cosmos it has about 250% the performance for a proportionately very small increase in price.