like a kid at christmas....

I'm currently on my 13th working day of pre-production, despite assurances it would be built by yesterday at the very latest. Starting to get very annoyed truth be told.

edgez

I'm currently on my 13th working day of pre-production, despite assurances it would be built by yesterday at the very latest. Starting to get very annoyed truth be told.

13!! That's a bit much. Maybe they should adjust the delivery estimate from 9-11 working days to 15-17 :S

Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up that it will be built soon then.

What laptop did you order? Did you call and check that they had all the components in before or after ordering?

13!! That's a bit much. Maybe they should adjust the delivery estimate from 9-11 working days to 15-17 :S

Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up that it will be built soon then.

What laptop did you order? Did you call and check that they had all the components in before or after ordering?

I ordered a Vortex laptop, with pretty much top of the line components in every area (except CPU, only ordered a 3630, same as you). I didn't check everything was in stock before hand, but have been told on three seperate occasions (once on day 6, once on day 9, once on day 11) that building would start very soon, yet I'm still sat here waiting. If it wasn't for the fact PCS seem so highly rated, and are very competitive price wise, I would already have cancelled my order and gone elsewhere. The wait I can deal with, being told three times it would soon be built and it's not, that's far more annoying!

Kyzer

I have now changed my keyboard back to the scandinavian. Thanks for the tip :)

I am currently sat in the 7th day in pre production, not so much a bother for me as i am getting it delivered to england and im not going there untill the 11th. Just hope to god its done by then, as that is what i was told..

edgez

I have now changed my keyboard back to the scandinavian. Thanks for the tip :)

I am currently sat in the 7th day in pre production, not so much a bother for me as i am getting it delivered to england and im not going there untill the 11th. Just hope to god its done by then, as that is what i was told..

Today was the 8th working day and it seems my laptop was built today! :) entering the testing and QC stage next, so I would say yours would most definitely be done by the 11th! fingers crossed!

Where in Norway are you anyway?

Semogair

Guys I was on 5th Pre Production day when I amend my order to FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY and this was on a Sunday...
Now,believe it or not on monday the laptop got from Pre-Production direct to Awaiting Dispatch on monday afternoon.
Has been dispatch today but i only can get it on friday because of my job :(

Snowik

Bronze Level Poster
Guys I was on 5th Pre Production day when I amend my order to FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY and this was on a Sunday...
Now,believe it or not on monday the laptop got from Pre-Production direct to Awaiting Dispatch on monday afternoon.
Has been dispatch today but i only can get it on friday because of my job :(
Should order it to your workplace like I did!

Kyzer

Today was the 8th working day and it seems my laptop was built today! :) entering the testing and QC stage next, so I would say yours would most definitely be done by the 11th! fingers crossed!

Where in Norway are you anyway?

9th working day for now and still sat in pre production, nerves are satrting to get the bette rof me now. I am only in England untill the 14th... Really dont want to have to go back seperately to pick it up when i was told it will be done by the 14th.

I live in skedsmo, yourself?

Semogair

Got mine today wohooo....
It looks as good as I was expecting :)
DPD great service right on time and good communication.
Drivers installation, SDD installed and let's see how it performs.Give some more info later and maybe some benchmarks scores

edgez

Got mine today wohooo....
It looks as good as I was expecting :)
DPD great service right on time and good communication.
Drivers installation, SDD installed and let's see how it performs.Give some more info later and maybe some benchmarks scores

Good news! good to hear yours arrived as you were expecting.
My laptop is currently In Transit, it has a long way to go to get to Norway, but by the end of next week the beast will be all mine!! :)

edgez

9th working day for now and still sat in pre production, nerves are satrting to get the bette rof me now. I am only in England untill the 14th... Really dont want to have to go back seperately to pick it up when i was told it will be done by the 14th.

I live in skedsmo, yourself?

I'm in Sandnes. My wifes sister lives right by you in kjeller :D Maybe next time we visit i'll bring my laptop and we can do a LAN while they talk girl stuff! :D

Kyzer

I'm in Sandnes. My wifes sister lives right by you in kjeller :D Maybe next time we visit i'll bring my laptop and we can do a LAN while they talk girl stuff! :D

Small world, kjeller is literally around the corner from me.. around 3 mins in the car haha. Sandnes on the other hand is around 7 hours away. Work with oil?

edgez

Small world, kjeller is literally around the corner from me.. around 3 mins in the car haha. Sandnes on the other hand is around 7 hours away. Work with oil?

You guessed it :) electrical automation. I think most people in living on the west coast are working within the oil sector.
Same for yourself?

brimea

I am on my 6th day of Pre-Production,it look like I will just have to take my dog for long walks for the next few days until my laptop arrives

Kyzer

You guessed it :) electrical automation. I think most people in living on the west coast are working within the oil sector.
Same for yourself?

I think you can safely say that at least 90% of the population in that area work with oil :yes:

No, im not in oil myself. I am a bar manager.

Also, to add - i am still in pre production, which is now in its 10th day. To say i am getting a little ****ed off would be an understatement. I have however been told again that it will be there by the 14th. In my eyes though i dont see it happening. Hope it does for their sake, to quote a saying - They wont like me when im angry!

brimea

I am on my 6th day of Pre-Production,it look like I will just have to take my dog for long walks for the next few days until my laptop arrives
On tuesday I was in the 13th day of Pre-Production,following a phone call I was told that their was a delay on the chassis but they should have on in a week.I was then offered a change to a Voyager for £20 which I agreed to but then the problems started.They had to cancel the first order,which I said was ok and then they needed payment again for the Voyager order,I explained that they still had my money for the first unit and asked could they not transfer that money but no joy.They had to transfer the money back to my account,which took 24 hours,and then I could re-order and pay for they new unit.In the last hour I have placed the order for the Voyager with a few changes and again have to go through Pre-production etc.Maybe someone from the company should look into this as I will be waiting 23 days for my unit.

ckglasgow

On tuesday I was in the 13th day of Pre-Production,following a phone call I was told that their was a delay on the chassis but they should have on in a week.I was then offered a change to a Voyager for £20 which I agreed to but then the problems started.They had to cancel the first order,which I said was ok and then they needed payment again for the Voyager order,I explained that they still had my money for the first unit and asked could they not transfer that money but no joy.They had to transfer the money back to my account,which took 24 hours,and then I could re-order and pay for they new unit.In the last hour I have placed the order for the Voyager with a few changes and again have to go through Pre-production etc.Maybe someone from the company should look into this as I will be waiting 23 days for my unit.

That sucks! You think they'd be able to transfer it. I'm on my 6th day all in and I'm dreading the wait after reading a few posts on here. Hope it goes quickly for you.

brimea

Funny how things can change.I got an e-mail in the last hour telling me that my unit has been built,tested and awaiting despatch.Fair play to all the staff involved.