Limiting GPU output

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
My pre-ordered Asus ROG Strix XG27UQ is due to be delivered in January (or possibly later depending on stock), and for the time being I'm using Samsung C24F390 for both gaming and casual apps. It's a 1080p 60Hz monitor, and given that the RTX 3080 can output a lot more than that, I want to limit it so it doesn't produce frames that can't be displayed. I enabled Freesync in the monitor settings and VSync in game settings. The FPS counter in Steam shows 60 (it was over 200 without VSync). Are those settings enough to limit what the GPU is doing, or is there something else I need to change?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My pre-ordered Asus ROG Strix XG27UQ is due to be delivered in January (or possibly later depending on stock), and for the time being I'm using Samsung C24F390 for both gaming and casual apps. It's a 1080p 60Hz monitor, and given that the RTX 3080 can output a lot more than that, I want to limit it so it doesn't produce frames that can't be displayed. I enabled Freesync in the monitor settings and VSync in game settings. The FPS counter in Steam shows 60 (it was over 200 without VSync). Are those settings enough to limit what the GPU is doing, or is there something else I need to change?
Vsync is all you need, will cap it to the max of the monitor.