Liquid cooling running cpu at really high temperature under stress level

Get Milky

Hey so my new desktop pc arrived last week and it's fantastic i haven't had many problems so far. However when i decided to stress the pc to see how well the liquid cooling is doing i get really high temperatures. Here is the relevant specs .

Case InWIN MANA-136 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5-2500k Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z68-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 2GB AMD RADEON™ HD6950 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB SATA-II 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 32MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
Power Supply CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£87)
Processor Cooling COOLIT ECO II A.L.C ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER (£59)

Everything apart from that is either none or standard components.
On idle when the pc is just turned on it can reach an average from 26 to 33 degrees but when i stress the 4 cores to the max, my temperatures reach up to 97 degrees in 10 seconds. I don't think its suppose to get to that temperature that fast?

Also when i play games (mostly on ultra) the processor hardly works above 50 yet the temperatures are well into the average from 60 to 80 and the computer starts to get louder as suppose to. Is my liquid cooler not working? Not enough airflow or something? because im guessing temps aren't suppose to get that hot that fast from my liquid cooler? Of anyone could suggest help it would be most welcome as i don't want to cause the processor to much damage at that temps when editing videos or playing upcoming games.

Get Milky

intelburntest 1.0 . im kind of confused now as checking the stress levels again i use core temp to check the levels of heat per core but during the test intelburntest said it reached a temp of 72 degrees... :eek: message popped up in the corner

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Yes they're both plugged in and nice and sturdy.

both fans? as that cooler only comes with one as standard? Have you added an extra fan? or placed two new ones on? if so what fans?

How many intake and exhaust fans do you have?

Get Milky

oh no there is only one fan i meant the cooling tubes were connected securely on the cpu cooler. I have one fan at the rear which is the back of the radiator which would be the exhaust and then the intake fan at the front. Behind that fan there's the rest of my cables all tied up. I found that it may be restricting a little bit of air flow but theres not much space to move it around.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
ok, well I just had a look at your case, I don't think there is a problem with the cooler, the eco's connect to the mobo using four pins, one at each corner of the cpu, (i had an older model) I'm pretty certain they wont have come lose and the connection between the base plate on the eco will be nicely on the cpu itself, it may just be a problem of getting cool air getting to the cooler.

If it was my case, I'd look at get two 120mm fans for the side panel, then you would have one fan blowing onto the gpu and another blowing on the cpu cooler.

I'm pretty sure that's why you are getting high temps.

Get Milky

Ahh yeah i had a thought about that. Yeah the eco cooler seems to be connected securely so maybe it is just airflow. I'll look into getting so fans, thank you. I'll write back if that solves the problem

Get Milky

Ahh i had a thought about that. Yeah the cooler seems to be fitted tightly and securely so maybe it is just airflow. I'll get some fans, thanks you.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
no worries mate, before you buy let us know which fans you choose, just as some fans connect up differently.

Get Milky

Oh so yeah sorry its taken a while to reply back i have conclusions to the heat problem. I took your advice and bought 2 side panel fans (quiet pc shark fans) and my temps are really cool now. It goes up to 50 when playing games and the minimum temp is 20. Thanks to everyone who helped. :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Oh so yeah sorry its taken a while to reply back i have conclusions to the heat problem. I took your advice and bought 2 side panel fans (quiet pc shark fans) and my temps are really cool now. It goes up to 50 when playing games and the minimum temp is 20. Thanks to everyone who helped. :)

great mate, glad everything is nice n cool! temps sound better than good :)