List phone parcel

Alsagar

I ordered a new mobile phone from Tesco ( I’ve used them for years without issues)
I had an email and text informing me that phone had been despatched with tracking number for DPD.
The phone was supposed to have arrived 5 days ago .. I have now tracked it.. DPD say they don’t have it and tracking number showing this ! Tesco say it was definitely despatched! I am not sure where to go from here ! As Tesco say despatched and DPD say they did not receive it !!
Should Tesco do an investigation - as in the meantime new phone not arrived !!

steaky360

I am not an expert (doubtful anyone on this forum really is, although not entirely out of the question... for sure though some will certainly be far more knowledgably than I) - I'd suggest that since you bought the phone from Tesco, ultimately it doesn't matter where the phone is, its not with you (and DPD/you can prove that via tracking info).

It doesn't matter that they dispatched it, you didn't receive it. I'd follow up with Tesco's again and ask them to find the phone with DPD and see where that leads you.

I'd also consider getting in touch with Citizens advice (quick search on their site brought this up: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/c...tter-to-complain-about-non-delivery-of-goods/) but if Tesco's are being unhelpful I'd seek legal advice, you're certainly entitled to your phone and its not your fault that the package has 'gone missing' between Tesco's and DPD.