LloydsTsb problem...

sted

Rising Star
With my bank, online shows balance and available. The balance is obviously what is in overall and includes recent purchases that haven't yet cleared, and available is what you can spend at that point with any recent purchase costs deducted from the shown balance.

If you've ordered online for anything, or payed in a shop etc by debit card, then it shows like that, but usually you wont know what it is exactly until it's cleared and shows on the statement. In the past when I've ordered things, they don't always put in for the payment until the order is dispatched - A few times I've panicked, wondering why there's a sudden drop in my available funds, due to forgetting a prior purchase, mostly when I've ordered numerous things, but one takes longer to be sent out for any reason.

The fuel tanks where you can pay on your card can be a pain for similar instances, too. If you definitely haven't made any transactions that may be causing this, then like Keynes said, ringing the bank may be best. They can usually see outgoing transactions before they are available to you, McAfee anti-virus took money for an automatic renewal that I wasn't even aware of and when I rang my bank they told me they had took it, before shown on my own online statements.

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Don't worry guys it's sorted! I found out I had signed up to an amazon prime free trial on one of my email... I will be refunded in full because I haven't used any of amazon primes services.. phew, cheers for the responses