Load temps not exceeding 43??!!

BarryLlewellyn

Hey, so recently I picked up a H60 for my PC, and put it in a push/pull config. I'm running an FX4100 @3.6ghz (stock clock (for now)). So technically I shouldn't have wrote this in the oc section, but since you guys know a lot about temps, I thought you would be the best people to ask. So could I really be running at 43 degrees tops? Or is something broken thats resulting in false readings..? Thanks.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Hey, so recently I picked up a H60 for my PC, and put it in a push/pull config. I'm running an FX4100 @3.6ghz (stock clock (for now)). So technically I shouldn't have wrote this in the oc section, but since you guys know a lot about temps, I thought you would be the best people to ask. So could I really be running at 43 degrees tops? Or is something broken thats resulting in false readings..? Thanks.
I would try other temp software programs to get a comparison.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
well, im guessing that whatever you are reading the temps with isnt accurate... Its not by any chance Asus Probe II is it? - Just an FYI this doesn't actually read the cpu core temp, but reads the cpu socket temp, thus why it always states the cpu is cooler than other temp software.

also, it may be that you are not actually pushing the cpu very hard, or hard enough to increase the temps.

BarryLlewellyn

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm stressing the cpu on Prime95. I'm monitoring temps on a programme called SpeedFan. It seems to be accurate, well certainly with my gpu, because I have some load/temp monitoring widgets on my desktop. Heres a link to it if anyone's interested: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
I was also looking at idle temps in the bios, and they seem to be the same as what's being displayed in windows..

BarryLlewellyn

Also, I assume the thermometer is in the chip, right? If so, I have been getting realistic temperatures with my old cooler before today..

BarryLlewellyn

Yea, I hace CPU ID too, I have no idea why I'm not using it though.. Haha. Anyway, thanks. And after taking it out of push/pull I'm getting 46 degrees.. So perhaps its not broken after all.. :)

adamantium42

A lot of things come into consideration with watercooling such as air temperature, voltage the CPU needs etc so no 2 setups will give the same results. 43 degrees seems like a really good result though - try using coretemp with your speedfan app I generally use the two to collaborate on temperatures.

http://alcpu.com/CoreTemp/