Loads of failed updates - Install error - 0x80070103

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Got a load of failed updates showing on the laptop this morning, screenshot below is just a portion of them

1672744839230.png

Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Laptop Specification

Chassis & Display Cosmos Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz 45% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 10750H (2.6GHz, 5GHz Turbo)

Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)

Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1

1st Storage Drive Samsung SSD 870 EVO, 2 TB, Form Factor 2.5”, Intelligent Turbo Write, Magician 6 Software, Black

1st M.2 SSD Drive

Crucial P2 CT2000P2SSD8 2 TB Internal SSD, Up to 2400 MB/s (3D NAND, NVMe, PCIe, M.2) External DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x Slim USB 2.0 External DVD-RW

Memory Card Reader Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)

AC Adaptor 1 x 120W AC Adaptor

Power Cable

1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable

Battery

Cosmos Series Integrated 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

Thermal Paste

STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

Sound Card

2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema

Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 M.2 GAMING + BLUETOOTH 5.0

USB/Thunderbolt Options 1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 1 x USB 3.2 PORT + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Keyboard Language 15" COSMOS SERIES UK KEYBOARD

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001] now running W11 22H2

Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language

Windows Recovery Media Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account

Notebook Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE

Webcam INTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM

Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think I came across that error in the past myself mate, If I remember correctly I believe the error is caused by trying to install a driver that already exists

I can't remember exactly how I fixed it but I know I had to follow a bunch of CMD scripts and that sorted it. I'll see if I can dig out the instructions when I get home I think I still have them saved

Of course someone might know an easier way because I like to do things the awkward and difficult way

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think I came across that error in the past myself mate, If I remember correctly I believe the error is caused by trying to install a driver that already exists

I can't remember exactly how I fixed it but I know I had to follow a bunch of CMD scripts and that sorted it. I'll see if I can dig out the instructions when I get home I think I still have them saved

Of course someone might know an easier way because I like to do things the awkward and difficult way
Cheers @Steveyg

steaky360

I'm pretty sure that has happened to me in the past, I waited a few days restarting the PC now and then and the failed updates seemed to sort themselves out. Although I also remember where this has happened and I've just taken it as a 'sign' to do a clean install of Windows :D

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Odd to have so many updates, when did you last run it prior to this?
Yeah that's what I thought when i saw them, as it is set to check for updates regularly, and i usually perform them on shutdown, may well try running trouble shooter, there was an intel update notification that tried to run before all this happened

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Sorry mate must have had that saved on my old computer

The part two of that link looks familiar though pretty sure that's the same process I went through to sort it

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Sorry mate must have had that saved on my old computer

The part two of that link looks familiar though pretty sure that's the same process I went through to sort it
cheers mate,think i need to try that all again in safe mode, as they still all show

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ah the good old "do nothing" approach ;)
Sometimes, doing nothing is the best option. And I'm being serious.

We're all conditioned to "do something" when problems happen, but often "doing something" makes a bad problem worse. Kudos to @Martinr36 for having the good sense to do nothing - at least nothing immediately.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I had decided that seeing that I was away, that I would leave trying anything beyond simple trouble shooting till I got home, where I could refer to help articles on The Berserker while running safe mode on the laptop, I think what might have cured it in the end was it did an auto check for updates, and found all those failed ones (driver updates) had already installed so removed them from the list