Logitech G9X - Any Good? + Suggestions

kruppsy

Master
Hi all,

Im in serious need of a new mouse, having to do the old 'lift and swipe' technique for fps's is getting annoying!

The current favourite is the G9X, has anyone had any experience with this one, good or bad?

My budget is around £40, the G9X is currently £39.99 with mw3 decals, some £15 cheaper than the normal one and you get a free mouse mat.

I realise mice are subjective but can you recommend another option for a similar price?

It has to be available from amazon as I have some vouchers burning a hole in my virtual pocket!

Cheers :)

Al.Neri

Super Star
I have been using a G9X for the last few years and I've been mostly happy with it. it probably does what other gaming mice do as a whole, so if you can get a cheaper gaming mouse that has all the customisable functionality, you might want to go with that.

one niggle about it, is that occasionally, the middle wheel will struggle to scroll. this is annoying when it happens. not so much in games since I have it configured to cycle weapons (which I can (and do) do anyway with my G13. I find it most annoying when I am browsing the net, because I use the middle wheel to scroll the page I am viewing. almost as sudden as the scrolling stutter comes, it seems to disappear again, and I have no idea what causes it. I thought it was dust at first, but I have cleaned the area as well as blast it with compressed air, which didn't make a bit of difference.

in a nutshell, it is a good mouse, but given the chance, if I was going to buy another mouse, I'd probably look for a cheaper option first.

kruppsy

Master
Thanks for your input, much appreciated. Sounds like its lasted well then (other than the wheel thing) if you've had it the last few years. I think that's what worries me most about buying a fancy mouse, more things to go wrong.

Amazon have their Black Friday sales on next week so I'm going to hold fire until I've seen what crops up. You never know, a Razer might appear on there for a steal!