Longest Football Manager game has lasted over 500 virtual years

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
came across this, wow (y)

Paweł Siciński (Poland) started the journey to play the longest single game of Football Manager in January 2018 and has continued to the in-game date of 21 May 2546. He managed 25,084 matches on the game, with a solid win rate of 73%.

@ActuallyDenz might be interested considering they have played FM

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
There's a Youtube channel started a game and simmed it 1000 years into the future to see how things had changed. The game crashed 800 and something years in as the file size got too big. That was just simming the entire world, actually playing season by season and getting more than 500 years is insane. Most of my saves in the past stopped maybe 20 to 30 years in!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
There's a Youtube channel started a game and simmed it 1000 years into the future to see how things had changed. The game crashed 800 and something years in as the file size got too big. That was just simming the entire world, actually playing season by season and getting more than 500 years is insane. Most of my saves in the past stopped maybe 20 to 30 years in!

talking of insane,

its not denz, its denz texas cousin

RichardDavies99

Bronze Level Poster
I remember about 20 years ago someone mentioning online they had played a football management game for over 20 seasons so almost all the real players in the game had retired & Paul Scholes was England manager!

Last edited:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I remember about 20 years ago someone mentioning online they had played a football management game for over 20 seasons so almost all the real players in the game had retired & Paul Scholes was England manager!
Yeah a lot of that kind of thing would happen in game. I had many a game where the likes of Michael Owen Jr. outscored his dad. It wasn't always a given, but there was a chance that a player's kid would be generated every so often in longer term games.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Yeah a lot of that kind of thing would happen in game. I had many a game where the likes of Michael Owen Jr. outscored his dad. It wasn't always a given, but there was a chance that a player's kid would be generated every so often in longer term games.

same, i got knocked out of the champions league, then quite a few season later got knocked out again by the same team with the scorer being the son who knocked me out the previous time, it was a while ago so cannot remember the name,

well, i took that incredibly well

The downside of being in constant contact with your significant other ...