Look at this Spec!

Killzoned

Bronze Level Poster
Hi guys, I've just built myself another build although at the moment am very unsure about what i want and may need to hear some of your opinions on this.
Am stuck between a Sli 570 or a single GTX 580 or AMD 5970

I also like this to be future proof as well so which card do you think will be more future proof? and any other parts that you would suggest to change i would be happy to hear.
Which card do you think will provide the best performance and reliability as I've heard that some Sli and Crossfire are rather unstable but i would also like to save some money also
Should i also wait for the new SandyBridge and Motherboard to arrive? as i've heard they are coming late Feb? because i've been looking at the Sabertooth motherboard but its not on the option anymore?

Correct me if am wrong but the ASUS® P8P67 motherboard has more 6 GB/s Sata ports than the ASUS® P8P67 PRO? so would it be better going for the normal version since there are issues with the 3 GB/s sata ports

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM SNIPER - NEXT GEN GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™ / SLI SUPPORT
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1280MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX570 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - DirectX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card
1280MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX570 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - DirectX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
4x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ROM (£36)
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W PRO SERIES (HX1000) 80+ MODULAR PSU (£173)
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£59)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£19)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech® G110 Gaming Keyboard with Backlighting (£68)
Mouse
Logitech® G9x Laser Gaming Mouse (£64)
Warranty
3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£69)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
FAST TRACK 3 WORKING DAY DISPATCH (£59)
Quantity

Price: £2,101.00 including VAT and delivery
Now that i have the funds, i may apply for a finance but paying within 12 month and depositing a large amount would be good? to take advantage of the zero interest

Last edited:

Killzoned

Bronze Level Poster
Ok i've decided to go for a different build instead as having a Sli can be very power draining. I've decided to go for a single GTX 580, went for the 60GB OCZ SSD instead of the 120gb version, Changed the i7 2600K to 2600 version, Went for a 650 Corsair TX PSU, Changed the Coolit Eco to the 240 version as this would be a PC that be used intensively.

But i have run into a problem, I tried to go through the finance option but it isn't working? i typed down my details and accepted the terms and condition, it then forwarded me to another page saying i have already registered and that i should log in for security reason, My username on there is my Email address and then i typed in my password but nothing happens, it just keeps refreshing the page or so

Hi killzoned

Thats a nice spec pc :) I had this same issue when ordering my PC - even after reseting my password using the 'forgot password' link it didnt make a difference (page refreshed and email text box is read-only). In the end, one of the admins on this site reset the password for me (sent password to my email) and this seemed to resolve the issue (not sure why this was different from reseting password myself, but it was and it worked).

One of the kind admins here needs to reset your password (don't remember who did mine).

Killzoned

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, Instead of putting my email address in the previous page i put my username "Killzoned" instead and when it forwarded me to the page when i have to log in for security reasons, the username has changed from my email address to my username in which actually worked. But i ran into further problems when entering my card details, it keeps saying that my card detail are incorrect when in fact they were 100% Correct. I did call PCS for support in which they said to click on "Find Address" instead of manually typing it in which i did and it still says that my Card detail are incorrect therefore i cancelled my order because i don't know what to do really.

Rakk

The Awesome
I did call PCS for support in which they said to click on "Find Address" instead of manually typing it in which i did and it still says that my Card detail are incorrect therefore i cancelled my order because i don't know what to do really.

This more often than not is caused by the card number being typed wrong, or something else being typed wrong, so sometimes it's a good idea to just retype all the details.
If it still refuses you might want to check with the card company that they do have your correct address (they can get it wrong - took me 3 years of whinging to get my postcode to stay correct for one of my accounts lol), and if it is correct then see if they can see anything else that may be causing the problem.

Killzoned

Bronze Level Poster
It could be a possibility but i doubt it because i receive letters from Barclay under my name and address regularly.
EDIT: Btw isit me or is the main website login not working? i can log in on the Forums but on the main site its not working? it keeps refreshing as if my password is wrong

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
EDIT: Btw isit me or is the main website login not working? i can log in on the Forums but on the main site its not working? it keeps refreshing as if my password is wrong

I can log into the main site just fine

LFFPicard

Godlike
Silly question on your login issues, could it be your cookies? Goto your internet options and clear your cookies and temp files and give it another go.

As for the card, all i can suggest is maybe double check the expiry date etc.. Some sites prefer 0000 where as others prefer 00/00 make sure you are entering it as the example says, thats caused me issues in the past.

Killzoned

Bronze Level Poster
Silly question on your login issues, could it be your cookies? Goto your internet options and clear your cookies and temp files and give it another go.

As for the card, all i can suggest is maybe double check the expiry date etc.. Some sites prefer 0000 where as others prefer 00/00 make sure you are entering it as the example says, thats caused me issues in the past.

Not sure if its my cookie but i just tried it on my main PC and it still doesn't work =S
PCS only takes 00/00

EDIT: OK GUYS look like i FAIL myself haha, thinking the main website and forum was the same haha

Last edited: