Looking for advice to upgrade Case and possibly more on PCS desktop.

Baboon

I have had a Desktop PC from PCS since 2019.

I want to upgrade the case to something a lot more modern in appearance, as well as during the hot summer months I also often find myself having to remove the side panel from the case as the system can become far too hot. Removing side panel can greatly reduce GPU temps, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone so to speak, and was hoping I could upgrade the case to one that supports more fans.

The main heat generating component I believe is my 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060. It is not overclocked. But seems to kick out a lot of heat that doesn't seem to leave the case very well. At 100% load the GPU temps can go up to around 75c max in the summer with the side panel off. If panel is left on, the GPU can hit as high as 83c, which is why I feel the cooling and/ case could be a lot better.

My CPU is an Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-9600K (3.7 GHz), which doesn't ever seem to go above 60-65c under full loads with its current CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 High Performance Liquid Cooler with 3 fans pulling heat out the heat sinks at the top of the case pretty well.

Is what I speak of something that can be done via PCS upgrade option? I don't seem to see an option to do this in upgrade section

Any thoughts and advice is greatly appreciated! thanks!

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have had a Desktop PC from PCS since 2019.

I want to upgrade the case to something a lot more modern in appearance, as well as during the hot summer months I also often find myself having to remove the side panel from the case as the system can become far too hot. Removing side panel can greatly reduce GPU temps, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone so to speak, and was hoping I could upgrade the case to one that supports more fans.

The main heat generating component I believe is my 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060. It is not overclocked. But seems to kick out a lot of heat that doesn't seem to leave the case very well. At 100% load the GPU temps can go up to around 75c max in the summer with the side panel off. If panel is left on, the GPU can hit as high as 83c, which is why I feel the cooling and/ case could be a lot better.

My CPU is an Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-9600K (3.7 GHz), which doesn't ever seem to go above 60-65c under full loads with its current CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 High Performance Liquid Cooler with 3 fans pulling heat out the heat sinks at the top of the case pretty well.

Is what I speak of something that can be done via PCS upgrade option? I don't seem to see an option to do this in upgrade section

Any thoughts and advice is greatly appreciated! thanks!
Hiya

PCS don't do case upgrades as it's an entire system rebuild.

You can do it yourself but be aware it may void any warranty:

7.9 We reserve the right to suspend the warranty or refuse service if your Case, Motherboard, CPU or BIOS have been replaced without authorisation. Any tampering, repair or modification by unauthorised personnel voids the warranty.

If you could post your full specs from the order page we can advise further.

Baboon

Hiya

PCS don't do case upgrades as it's an entire system rebuild.

You can do it yourself but be aware it may void any warranty:

7.9 We reserve the right to suspend the warranty or refuse service if your Case, Motherboard, CPU or BIOS have been replaced without authorisation. Any tampering, repair or modification by unauthorised personnel voids the warranty.

If you could post your full specs from the order page we can advise further.

CaseGAME MAX FALCON BLACK GAMING CASE (RGB LED)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-9600K (3.7 GHz) 9 MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs, WIFI - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 16GB)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti - HDMI, DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive240GB ADATA SU650 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal PasteCOOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans3x CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120 RGB + Controller Kit
Sound CardAsus Xonar DGX 5.1-Channel Gaming Audio Card
Wireless Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
down_right_arrow.gif
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Supplied on DVD
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Mouse PadROCCAT™ Taito 2017 XXL-Wide Gaming Mousepad
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
Build Time
Promotional Item
Welcome Book

Depending on whether I could free any up any funds within my budget, I may consider starting from scratch, with a better Case, cooling system, Motherboard + CPU to build from, and use my old GPU and RAM until I could afford to upgrade these, likely a 30 series RTX or something.

My CPU seems to hold up well, especially when performing single tasks such as playing a highly cpu intensive game, but the moment I try to perform other actions at the same time, such as using spotify, discord etc at the same time, it doesn't seem to like this as much.

Last edited by a moderator: