Looking to buy a Gaming pc .. i know very little

Theshygamerguy

HI guys,

I'm looking to buy a decent gaming Pc but not sure what I need to as don't know much about pc's.

I'm really into streaming and gaming but currently on the xbox.

I currently have a MSI Optix MAG241C curved gaming monitor 144hz monitor.

Can anyone help me out my budget will be around £1000-£1200.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 17413

I searched the monitor and it looks like a 24" 1080p monitor, and for your budget you can make a very capable machine without using it all.
Were you thinking about upgrading to 1440p? You can get a build for 1440p but i think its then stretching the budget to get a good monitor.
Depending on how quickly you need it (remember theres gonna be a month while its made), and with the new GPU's and CPU's due around autumn, it might be worth seeing if you can add a little to the budget and buy then?
I would imagine it would make the budget go even further.

It all depends on if you neeed it now or not

Theshygamerguy

I'm not massively fussy would like to get one in the next few months if 1080p is still good then I'd be happy with that. Just wanted a half decent pc to be able to play games :)

D

Deleted member 17413

I would say wait till they drop then, I think i've seen septermber said a few times?
While waiting, see if you can add £100 to the budget, and look at 1440p when you buy.

1440p is kinda the standard already, 1080p is more towards basic/min spec these days.

D

Deleted member 17413

Even if you bouoght now, I would say buy a 1440p monitor and upgrade the GPU when the new ones drop.
Even if you wait a few months after release so the prices settle in.

Theshygamerguy

I'm assuming its farily easily to connect them both tho which is good :)? Last of all as I will probably be buying the set up you have made for me :) of course Rgb now I don't wanna go overkill but I'm a pretty big fan of Rgb does that cost alot more?

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
Just to be aware: Depending on which model of GPU they use (usually Zotac or Pallit) you may need to connect one monitor via DisplayPort and one via HDMI (my Pallit 2060S only has one of each and pretty sure it's the same for the 2070S)

The Zotac 2070s has 2x DP and 2x HDMI so definitely worth checking if it’s Zotac or Pallit. 👍

Theshygamerguy

As easy to connect as connecting your TV to a Blu-Ray player (or DVD player)....your system should just automatically detect the signal and display whatever the monitor can handle (in the same way that the Xbox does) and then you can adjust the display to your liking.

RGB: It depends what component etc...RGB RAM would cost £14 more. If you want it on the cooler, then you would either need to drop down to the Frostflow coolers as the Coolermaster doesn't have RGB or go up to the H115i Platinum (the H100i isn't in stock) but going to the H115i would involve selecting a new case as the Lian Li can't take the radiator size

Think ill just get the rgb ram then and then should be great i should have about £1985 would this case be okay apologies for all the questions.
CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 570X RGB GAMING the £120 one?.

Theshygamerguy

Yeah love the look of it too could you change the ram to the rgb for me and double check everything as I'm clueless haha will probably end up buying in the next day or two :D thankyou so kuch for your time and patience :)

Theshygamerguy

When I go to process it quotes this "We note that you have selected an M.2/PCI-E SSD drive and a mechanical hard drive under the primary hard disk drive option. Please confirm whether you would like your operating system (OS) to be installed on the SSD drive or on the mechanical hard drive" gives me options which one should i pick