Looking to buy Inferno 11.6"..... couple of questions

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice if anyone has a spare second,

Ive been looking at buying the Inferno 11.6" for a portable gaming laptop capable of running most games at a decent rate (ideally would be looking for a 13" laptop however the mirage and xenon dont really have the spec I was looking for and the 15.6" are just too big im afraid)

The spec I was looking at is attached below, however before I submit for purchase was hoping to get some advice from some of you gurus on here (and PCS for the shipping information),

(1) On the configurator The Inferno is listed as "Shipping from 4th August 2012". Does this mean It will be shipped to me as of 4th August? Or Build can begin on 4th of August? Just looking for a rough estimate of delivery,

(2) Should I go for the 3610QM or the 3720QM processor? (ive noticed this comparison a few times throughout the forums however wondering if its worth it on the smaller Inferno?)

(3) The Solid State drive......I would like to get the 480GB kingston, however Ive heard the intel is more reliable. Am I really running a large risk getting the 480 kingston over the 240 intel, should I go for the 240GB INtel or the 480GB kingston?

(4) RAM....2x4GB Samsung 1600 or the 2x4GB Kingston 1600?

(5) And last noob question, is there any noticeable difference between the wireless cards? Im going with the ole "Its more expensive therefore must be better" logic and was wondering for an extra £20odd should I get the gigabyte lan & killer 1102 or Ultimate-N 6300?

ALso, any thoughts or advice on the spec below would be very much appreciated, thanks All :):)

Proposed Spec

Chassis & Display
Inferno Series: 11.6" Glossy HD LED Widescreen (1366x768)

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3720QM (2.60GHz) 6MB

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)

Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M - 2.0GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

Memory - Hard Disk
240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)

Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack

Bluetooth & Wireless
GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1102 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N NETWORK CARD

USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD

Battery
Inferno Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (62.16WH)

Power Lead & Adaptor
Upgrade to 1 x UK Power Lead & 120W AC Adaptor (£12)

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence

Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE

Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Keyboard Language
INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD

Notebook Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE

Webcam
INTEGRATED 1.3 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Insurance
1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 6 to 8 working days

Quote Value: £1,105.00

AzY

Gold Level Poster
Chassis & Display Inferno Series: 11.6" Glossy HD LED Widescreen (1366x768)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3610QM (2.30GHz) 6MB - would more than suffice for general and gaming requirements. altough there might be a wait for the card as its high in demand and not enough stock.
Memory (RAM)8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB) --- ram speed wont make much difference for gaming
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M - 2.0GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - Hard Disk 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW) - heard it is better quality
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9), worth getting with on a 11" gaming laptop due to the heat going to be generated "guarantees exceptional heat dissipation"
Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N130 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH --- wont really make much of a difference i think as you will be more likely held back by your internet connection then you will this card as most connections wont exceed the 150mbps.
USB Options 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Battery Inferno Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (62.16WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor Upgrade to 1 x UK Power Lead & 120W AC Adaptor (£12)
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
Office Software NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Keyboard Language INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD
Notebook Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam INTEGRATED 1.3 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Insurance 1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 6 to 8 working days

Price: £946.00 including VAT and delivery.

Not an expert, but its the best i can come up with from all the info i have learned and heard from this forum and other post.
Feel free to correct any mistakes i have made, will help me learn and help others too.

flobber238

Bronze Level Poster
I phoned them up about another laptop and they said there is no noticeable performance difference between the Kingston and Samsung RAM. Also, the Intel 6300 wi-fi card apparently has crap bluetooth and its difference against the 6235 is the ~5GHz signal, which is infrequently supported. Apparently. When PCS told me there was a big delay on Killer cards (til end of this month), I changed to the 6235.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Is there any way to fit a 7970M into an inferno chassis, with perhaps a bigger power unit to support it?

No the chassis most likely doesnt have a very good cooling system, its perfectly fine for a 650m but it wouldnt be able to cope with a 7970m

Thanks a lot for the quick response guys,

Hmmmm so sounds as though I might be overcooking it a little with the 3720QM and the 1600hz RAM......but its worth the extra dosh for the reliability of the Intel SSD?

Also great info on the network cards thanks. Rep for all!

Pretty keen to get this ordered now I think. Would be good to get some info from PCS on those shiping dates (based on the 3610QM) etc?

Also, Any other advice and info on that spec is very much appreciated thanks again,