Looking to buy......Vortex 600

tomisme

Hi guys, been floating around the site and was looking at the Vortex 600 but with a few upgrades. Does anyone have any views on this good or bad. Just looking to find out if this is what I should purchase, Thanks.

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P8H67-V (NEW REV 3.0): ATX, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0Gb/s, CROSSFIREX

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)

Graphics Card
2GB NVidia GeForce GTX560 ti - 2dvi,hdmi,vga-dx 11,3d vision ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6Gb/s 64mb cache (7200 rpm)

Power Supply
600w Quiet 80 plus quad rail PSU + 120 case fan

£887.00 inc VAT

everything else standard and have keyboard and monitor etc.
just wondered if you guys could give your views and tell me if i could do better for the price.

Thanks to everyonw in advance

pcdan

Bronze Level Poster
it depends what u want to do with it plus how much your willing to spend

for me i would pay the extra £20 or so for the Corsair TX 650W if ya was going to add more things later eg another HD

does that include a DVD drive 2

Last edited:

tomisme

Thanks for the reply, my budget is about 900 and the 650w puts it to 900 on the nose. My aims for the pc are gaming and video editing and rendering, is this enough? My main question really was, have I selected the right setup for what I want to do??

And yes it does include the DVD drive, as I said it comes with all the other standard stuff.

pcdan

Bronze Level Poster
that should do fine for a few years atleast b4 graphics card prob would need changing to something better

if u do plan on going sli would recommend getting the sli motherboard 2 but if u dont no need.

that should do video editing and rendering probably just wait for someone else because i know it should do gaming fine but dont do 2 much video or rendering but it probably would do that 2.

tomisme

Ok thanks for the reply, I chose the 560ti because I thought that it was quite a high spec card for the money for most of todays games. I think the editing ad rendering should be ok as I was under the impression that processor speed and RAM play a big factor in both, this is why I chose the 8gb RAM and the faster i5 of the 2. Also the reason for a TB HDD.

pcdan

Bronze Level Poster
you prob would be able to play with most games for possibly 3 years or so b4 it would need to be upgraded

8gb ram is to allow more programs or how ever much the program would open when using ram the 1TB would be fine unless you wanted fast boot up as well of applications and the OS, this would be the SSD drive. but are exepensive and you can put the OS and applications on the drive but these are expensive, i would go for the 60gb drive unless you got cash for more. but if ya dont want the faster boot up and what not the TB should be fine.

plus backup data if that 1tb drive fails it might be better of getting 2 500gb drives or something similar to that 1 for applications and the other for files and what not.

just advice on SSD or HDD