Looking to get a new gaming PC

Ash_

Master Poster
Either I’ve misread the last few posts or you’ve misread the last few posts because to me it looks like he’s actually complimenting you.
He bought his pc from PCS, who don’t do MSI boards - it is a sarcastic post. He is insinuating my info is irrelevant, as no one can get an MSI board. Maybe i am wrong, but that is how i see it.

But the comment stands, with the correct cooling, the zen3s auto boost to insane clock speeds and i would recommend the best cooling, as long as the gpu is the best choice for the screen.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
He bought his pc from PCS, who don’t do MSI boards - it is a sarcastic post. He is insinuating my info is irrelevant, as no one can get an MSI board. Maybe i am wrong, but that is how i see it.

But the comment stands, with the correct cooling, the zen3s auto boost to insane clock speeds and i would recommend the best cooling, as long as the gpu is the best choice for the screen.
Okay, I know that his system isn’t a PCS build, so that’s where the issue lies.

Either I’ve misread the last few posts or you’ve misread the last few posts because to me it looks like he’s actually complimenting you?

Over to you, @jamiephillips909, can you clear this up for us?
i was actually thanking him for teaching me about my msi board

was genuinely thanking ash

think its just a silly misunderstanding no grudges held !

yes my rig is not from pcs unfortunately required it for work :( would of liked to have held out for a 3080TI and the waiting times of pcs for a 3080 was just not viable for me which is a shame as i would of preferred it sorry for the misunderstanding !

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

yes my rig is not from pcs unfortunately required it for work :( would of liked to have held out for a 3080TI and the waiting times of pcs for a 3080 was just not viable for me which is a shame as i would of preferred it sorry for the misunderstanding !
You’ve got nowt to apologise for, thanks for setting us straight 👍

Ash_

Master Poster

My bad then, i thought you were being sarcy 🤣🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to bump this to say thank you to everyone who contributed with advice and suggestions. PC has now been ordered and its time to play the waiting game. Also got a £30 discount using a code from a streamer I watch, added little bonus!

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Just wanted to bump this to say thank you to everyone who contributed with advice and suggestions. PC has now been ordered and its time to play the waiting game. Also got a £30 discount using a code from a streamer I watch, added little bonus!
Great!

What was the final spec you went for if I may be so rude as to ask? :unsure:

Pretty much the build that SCK451 put up but I removed the wifi card and added the water cooler as suggested further down the thread :)

Case CORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Memory Card ReaderUSB 3.0 EXTERNAL SD/MICRO SD CARD READER
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardNOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Pretty much the build that SCK451 put up but I removed the wifi card and added the water cooler as suggested further down the thread

CaseCORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Memory Card ReaderUSB 3.0 EXTERNAL SD/MICRO SD CARD READER
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardNOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Super! It looks great!

I’m late to the party here - but delighted to see your cooler upgrade made it in - the advice from @Ash_ is spot on and you should see a decent performance boost over the stock cooler. :)

Enjoy it and I’ll look forward to your pics when it arrives!

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
With the AIO added, the two additional fans aren't terribly necessary. If anything, extra intake fans would be helpful, but three exhaust fans is ample for the case, I'd have thought.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
That was my mistake, I added them before adding the AIO and then forgot to remove them 🤦‍♂️
You can go back in and amend your order and remove them - you'll get the credit back to your payment method then.

At the same time they won't do any harm leaving them in - although I have little faith in PCS installing them in such a way doesn't have them running at 100% speed like a helicopter..... :unsure: