Looking to purchase Recoil

adam27

Hi, I was planning on purchasing the Recoil 17, will the bios already be up to date for me with no issues?

adam27

Hi Jackseg,

Undervolting should already be available via the SPC settings in the Control centre. We don't ask to lock the BIOS down at all.

Hi Adam27,

Yes, any new orders will have the most up to date BIOS installed by default. This notice is more for people who had already purchased theirs before these BIOS's were available.
Anything else I should be worried about, or am I all good to go, by the way I was curious whether it is better to keep the laptop plugged in when gaming once a battery limit has been set (for example, stop charging after 80%)

PCS_Chris

Staff member
Hi Adam27,

Any laptop of this caliber will struggle with battery life whilst gaming, I would always recommend plugging in when trying to run anything but basic games.

On top of the poor battery life, you would also see reduced performance as the components run at a lower power target when on battery.

Chris

jackseg

Anything else I should be worried about, or am I all good to go, by the way I was curious whether it is better to keep the laptop plugged in when gaming once a battery limit has been set (for example, stop charging after 80%)
Hi, In Control Center, you can select Eco Mode for charging profile to keep the battery alive longer if it is always on AC power.
Eco_mode.png

adam27

Thanks a lot! I will be using an external monitor as well as the liquid cooling system, so hopefully should be more than enough :D

jackseg

Thanks a lot! I will be using an external monitor as well as the liquid cooling system, so hopefully should be more than enough :D
If you choice RTX 4060 or 4070, you don't need liquid cooling system. Temp are great... but they could be even better with CPU undervolting ;-)