Looking to upgrade my system and am out the loop of current tech!

KaneMac

Enthusiast
So I am using an i5 3570k OC, Asus sabertooth motherboard, stormtrooper case, GTX TITAN, 8GB RAM. I have issues running games on best quality such as Warhammer total war, Metro last light, witcher 3 etc. am looking to upgrade to run current and future games on the best setting with good fps, any recommendations on what needs n upgrade?

Most games i play I have no issue with, but there are new titles which seem to be creeping on my performance so am now thinking of further future proofing my system etc

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
1080p 60hz? A GTX 1060 would be an upgrade and capable of planing the above on very high settings pretty well. A GTX 1070 would do better, and you might be able to fish one up for sub £350.

Note that some titles can give you drops related to the CPU. I think Metro can get FPS drops with an i5 more than an i7. TW also likes an i7's extra threads (though it also likes frequency)
See for Metro: http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2867-intel-i7-2600k-2017-benchmark-vs-7700k-1700-more/page-3

What kind of budget do you have in total for upgrades and what's your current monitor?

KaneMac

Enthusiast
1080p 60hz? A GTX 1060 would be an upgrade and capable of planing the above on very high settings pretty well. A GTX 1070 would do better, and you might be able to fish one up for sub £350.

Note that some titles can give you drops related to the CPU. I think Metro can get FPS drops with an i5 more than an i7. TW also likes an i7's extra threads (though it also likes frequency)
See for Metro: http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2867-intel-i7-2600k-2017-benchmark-vs-7700k-1700-more/page-3

What kind of budget do you have in total for upgrades and what's your current monitor?

Thanks for replying to this thread so soon man!! My monitor allows 120 GHz, and nice picture so its not something I look at changing, well i do not yet have a set budget, am curious on what tech is required, and based from that I will see what I can do etc. Reading what you say, i reckon then an upgrade on he CPU will be good, and after that a graphics upgrade as a better CPU be utilise a better graphics card more efficiantly.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
eading what you say, i reckon then an upgrade on he CPU will be good, and after that a graphics upgrade as a better CPU be utilise a better graphics card more efficiantly.
While that's true to some degree at least, a new CPU other than the i7 3770k would require a new motherboard and new RAM as well.

You may want to wait for Intel to release its coffee lake CPUs in October, and then consider your options.

If your monitor is 1080p 120hz, you would want to consider the GTX 1070 or even the 1080 if you wanted to push the boat out.